Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Google Maps or Bing Maps Widget

Hi.

I am using Xara Web Designer Premium. When I try to add either a google map or Bing map, the widget launches but it launches inside Internet Explorer and the widget is not available inside of it. My default browser is Chrome. How do I get widgets to open up in Chrome and not open up IE. Why is Xara opening up IE? I am trying to look for a setting inside Webdesigner Premium where I can tell it that my default Browser is Google Chrome but I can't seem to find any.

Thank you.
    Mike

Default Re: Google Maps or Bing Maps Widget

Mike, you can't. Your Magix version was built by Xara with an internal IE add-in.

You have two routes.

The first is to go the either site directly and set up your map and then copy the Embed Code.
    You then have to add that into the Body of a Placeholder box.

The second is to hack the associated XWR files along the lines of https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...itable-Widgets.

There are several TG Threads on the matter.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZ View Post
    Hi.

I am using Xara Web Designer Premium. When I try to add either a google map or Bing map, the widget launches but it launches inside Internet Explorer and the widget is not available inside of it. My default browser is Chrome. How do I get widgets to open up in Chrome and not open up IE. Why is Xara opening up IE? I am trying to look for a setting inside Webdesigner Premium where I can tell it that my default Browser is Google Chrome but I can't seem to find any.

Thank you.
    Mike
    Agree with Acorn, Mike. The Xara widgets are quite confusing. Placeholders with code insert is the way to go. Every site I’ve made with a map, or calendar has worked splendidly with code insertion. The google map also has a function for small to large.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Thank you for your reply Acorn and BWood. I just upgraded to V20 and everything works as expected.

Mike