Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default error detected when importing EPS file, can't upload to forum, file size 8.4mb

hi guys
    i have an eps file which doesn't import into xara, i get the 'error detected at EPS line xxxx' dialogue, can somebody please check the file and maybe convert/edit it so it will load? i purchased it from my usual vector library and have never had a problem with them before. i cant upload it because it exceeds the forum file size condition. thanks
    'I'm comin to you now, I'm just around the corner!'
    Bespoke art and design by Herbie Hysteria. http://www.artbyherbie.com

Default Re: error detected when importing EPS file, can't upload to forum, file size 8.4mb

If you would like to email the file to me bjt49 'at' hotmail.com I will check it out and convert to a Xara importable format for you.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: error detected when importing EPS file, can't upload to forum, file size 8.4mb

Alternatively or for the future, use dropbox or yousendit and provide a link.

Take care, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    If you would like to email the file to me bjt49 'at' hotmail.com I will check it out and convert to a Xara importable format for you.
    thanks, i have emailed you the file. will use dropbox in future.

Hi Herbie--the only reason for using one of the large document places mentioned is that someone like Bill may not always be available who also can handle large emails.

Using such a place, though, is only useful *if* the document(s) can be shared (not sensitive).

Take care, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Hi Herbie--the only reason for using one of the large document places mentioned is that someone like Bill may not always be available who also can handle large emails.

Using such a place, though, is only useful *if* the document(s) can be shared (not sensitive).

Take care, Mike
    thanks, bill sorted it! wierd problem but lightening fast support as usual.

Care to share the weird problem and the solution for readers of this thread?

Hi Steve, the eps file imported without an error into Xara Designer Pro 7. I simply saved the xar file and sent that to Herbie.

XDP7 did report the eps as a CS2 version as it was importing the file. I was impressed because I thought eps from Illy 8 was the normal filter.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Cheers Bill