Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Xara beta bugs

Default Xara beta bugs

Well since I got here first I will have the liberty of posting this thread, as I think it will benefit us all. If you find any bugs please post here.

First bug (I'm not sure this is a bug but still): When working on multipages if I create a shape that is outside of the page it will not be visible on the other page, and if I drag it down it will disappear from the previous page as if cut down. See screen shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img.jpg 
Views:	752 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	32155  

Default Re: Xara beta bugs

Another thing:

Maybe it was done on purpose, but: The line width are translated to the measurement I am currently working in: If I work in pixels the line width will be given 1.33, 0.67 instead of 1 and 2, which is not only confusing but also irretating.

Name:	img.jpg 
Views:	741 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	32156  

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Well since I got here first I will have the liberty of posting this thread, as I think it will benefit us all. If you find any bugs please post here.

First bug (I'm not sure this is a bug but still): When working on multipages if I create a shape that is outside of the page it will not be visible on the other page, and if I drag it down it will disappear from the previous page as if cut down. See screen shots.
    I'm pretty sure this is designed to be that way. Otherwise you wouldn't know what was supposed to be on what page.

Avalior,

From Charles list of other improvements:
    • The line width shows widths in pixels if your page units are pixels (the list of widths will be improved before the final release)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Those using hardware DEP still need to add Xtreme Pro and "XPE Pro" to their list of exceptions in order to be able to load the program... I think that Xara X was OK, but X¹ and Xtreme had the same issue.

I originally posted this in August 2004 at http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...4&postcount=10 ... the list of programs in there is quite an exclusive one with only Skype having invited itself to the private Xara party

Name:	XXP DEP.png 
Views:	777 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	32165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XPE DEP.png 
Views:	782 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	32166  

You can apply a mold to a text box. It does work, but the UI is kinda funky since you will be typing invisible text into a square box, but when the box loses focus, the text will (usually, but not always) appear in the mold-ed text. If the added text doesn't appear inside the mold, removing the mold makes it appear once more.
    Last edited by pauland; 16 November 2006 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    Theres are KB articles regarding harware that supports DEP
    Indeed, and as soon as each piece of Xara software is added to the exception list, it all works. Xara's is the only software I've seen which requires it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    In the print world you wouldn't be able to do something spanning two separate pages vertically, nor can you in Xtreme. Each spread is distinct, so you can't have objects overlapping both.

Of course you can overlap horizontally, for example two pages in a spread.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

So far, fantastic upgrade.. but... default template is ignored on startup. I change mine to US letter with rulers and object attributes set a certain way, (saved as default) but each time I restart it defaults back to 800x600, no rulers, etc. I have to select new template to get what I saved as default.
    I'm sure this will be fixed.
    Glenn