Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: Leaving XWD Because of Immense Frustration

Agreed, very well done video Curtis.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Excellent video Curtis. I even learned something new about snap to objects. I didn't know about grabbing them in the corner.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Great tutorial vid Curtis! You should do a whole range of them as sell a dvd's worth!

How about I do a whole range of them ... then just post 'em here for free?

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    How about I do a whole range of them ... then just post 'em here for free?
    Hi Cursor,

You are absolutely amazing. With yours and others help here, I've been able to work my image files for my website. I'll post it when it's complete. It's not fancy but it works and will serve it's purpose.

I like your level of service to the XWD community....awesome....

Thanks very much,

Ed......:-)

Hey ... just trying to share. Please do the same.

Here is the next attempt to shed some light on navbar development in Web Designer (and Xtreme 5, since they share fuction). This video extends the 1x dropdown to a 2x dropdown. I hope that it adds some clarity. In the next installment we'll jump straght to a 4+ version of a drop-down menu. We'll then follow up with a third-level fly-out.

[always] have fun!
    Attached Files Attached Files

glad I read this thread. I seen it right off. but don't like negitive ...

but gave it a look toady

and will be researching the info. I need to learn nav bars and layers

more.

thanks

In private conversation with another TalkGraphics member, it became clear that a written proceedural outline might come in handy for predictably copying a functional drop-down option and attaching it to a different button.
    • With the 'Snap to objects' toggle set 'on', position your cursor in an upper corner of a functional drop-down, soft-grouped option.
    • Right-mouse click and drag a copy of the functional drop-down to the underside of the new target location. Release the mouse button when the soft-group snaps into position. The 'Status line' will read, "2 groups (soft group) on 2 layers".
    • Do an Arrange > Remove soft group. The 'Status line' will read, "2 groups on 2 layers".
    • Since each of the 2 groups need to be positioned on their new target layers, you should:
      • Deselect the button by clicking on some remote area of the design space, or by simply hitting the 'Esc'[ape] key.
      • Click on the the roll-over element of the new drop-down button. The 'Status line' will read, "1 group on layer mouseover...".
      • Select the name of the target mouse-over layer in the Layer Gallery, then click the Move button.
      • Turn off visibility and selectability of the target mouseover... layer.
      • Click on the the pop-up element of the new drop-down button. The 'Status line' will read, "1 group on layer layer-name".
      • Select the name of the target mouse-over layer in the Layer Gallery, then click the Move button.
    • With both target layers set for selectability and visibility, marquee-select the two groups that define the new button. The 'Status line' will read, "2 groups on 2 layers".
    • Do an Arrange > Apply soft group. The 'Status line' will read, "2 groups (soft group) on 2 layers".
    • Preview results.
    Oh yeah ... don't forget to make sure that the target parent button is set to stimulate the new pop-up layer on mouse-over (Web Properties > Mouse-over (tab) > Show popup layer [ layer name ]).

Pssst ... I've attached a brief video that should clarify ... =)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cursor; 08 July 2009 at 01:51 AM.

Hey Cursor,
    HAAAALLLLPPPP!!!
    I'm not blaming anyone but my XWD was working fine until I downloaded your drop down web file, yesterday.
    Now I get double menus and when I try to delete them and continue, I get a "serious internal error 0x0063787E"

I now get the same response with any of my web files I pull up.
    It won't let me go any farther...
    Any ideas?

Jim 'Gramps' Curtis
    Hillsboro OH

Smile Re: Leaving XWD Because of Immense Frustration

Just a tip to suzzie and perhaps a few others who do not want to struggle with creating nav bars from scratch.

Use Xara Menu Maker. OK, it is $30 in addition, but, oh, so simple. A nav bar with 10 main menus, lots of submenus, and sub-submenus, is created in minutes. Control is total.

Wish XWD was anything like it...