Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: HELP!!!!

Over the last few days, I have had a horrible time with XaraX. It is doing all kinds of highly unpredictable things. When I use the freehand tool, as I start to draw, a straight line (usually 45 degrees from the direction I WANT to draw) juts out...when I drag itmes around the page, the movement is jerky and unprecise, even when using the Ctrl+Shift method...when I use the shape editor tool, the changes are drastic, and never in the direction I wish...when I use the elipse or rectangle tools, nothing shows up until I make the object quite large and then I can't re-size the object.

I've un-installed the only program I added to my computer recently (Quicktime 4)...uninstalled and re-installed XaraX and the 2.2 patch, and even reset my hard drive to a date and time before I had this problem...all to no avail.

Can ANYONE offer any help? I am nearly finished with a project I have been working on for a long time now and the problems I am having are making it impossible to finish!

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...

Over the last few days, I have had a horrible time with XaraX. It is doing all kinds of highly unpredictable things. When I use the freehand tool, as I start to draw, a straight line (usually 45 degrees from the direction I WANT to draw) juts out...when I drag itmes around the page, the movement is jerky and unprecise, even when using the Ctrl+Shift method...when I use the shape editor tool, the changes are drastic, and never in the direction I wish...when I use the elipse or rectangle tools, nothing shows up until I make the object quite large and then I can't re-size the object.

I've un-installed the only program I added to my computer recently (Quicktime 4)...uninstalled and re-installed XaraX and the 2.2 patch, and even reset my hard drive to a date and time before I had this problem...all to no avail.

Can ANYONE offer any help? I am nearly finished with a project I have been working on for a long time now and the problems I am having are making it impossible to finish!

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...

If you don't have snap to grid enabled? Or magnetic snap radii onmouse or something like that.

You may well find that this is a problem with your video card. I experienced similar odd lines with Flash using an ATI 128.
    I replaced the card, and all was well. You could do the same or check for updated drivers.
    Just a suggestion, but it may work