Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have been able to load my EyeCandy 4000 plug-ins into the XaraX plug-in directory.

Unfortunately most of the EyeCandy effects only work with any marquis selection of the underlying bitmap. How does one make such a marquis selection in XaraX?

I have been able to load my EyeCandy 4000 plug-ins into the XaraX plug-in directory.

Unfortunately most of the EyeCandy effects only work with any marquis selection of the underlying bitmap. How does one make such a marquis selection in XaraX?

CaryGee

The main difference with Vector applications is they cannot make a pixel selection. The only vector application I know of that can do this is Canvas.

Bitmap editing applications, such as Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Corel Photo-Paint, can make pixel selections, which is what you need to apply many of those filter effects.

These plug-in filters were written originally for Photoshop. Later other applications added plug-in support, but in the case of vector applications, the filters can only be used on an entire image as there is no way to make a pixel mask or selection.

I am not aware of any way in Xara to make a pixel selection.

You will have to stick to effects that effect the entire image and not a pixel selection.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone