Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks ivca,
    Yes corel has a batch queue. I usually save the positions and then render while I'm sleeping.

Your version is cool but it's metal now. I drew it as glass and then the next version I drew it as hollow glass block, which doesn't show too much in this animation but I'm doing other things with it and things behind. The one on my site is different than the one I posted here.
    Here it is:

I just love Corel, but then I've not tried anything else. As a matter of fact, I miss CorelMOVE from my version 4.0 I used to have. I like that I can move between DRAW, PHOTO_PAINT and DREAM3D so easily. When I make a million bucks with my extraordinary talent, then I'll buy some more programs. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com

Here's the newest version of this annoying thing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Let me know what you all think ok?
    <table>
    <tr><td background="http://www.fischerpassmoredesign.com/images/BGND.jpg">
    </td></tr></table>

Sharon P.

I like the background you added, and the slower spin you gave it. Looks good. =)

Thanks, Earl. Actually, the logo is on a transparent background but I displayed it on the background I have on my site. i created the logo on a dark background because of this background on my site and it doesn't look good on a light one. See?

Sharon P.

Hi Sharon--

At first I was a little troubled that the logo you posted was 124K...a little large for an opening page and some users who are still cruising at 55K. But then I went to your page, and I can see now that you've reduced the size.

The logo design itself is very attractive. What you did with the glass finish and the occasional highlights as it spins only adds to the attention.

Hey, If you ever want a silver or polished gold version, I still own PIXAR Typestry, and it'll do shadows, too.

BTW, the gif I'm posting here is for anyone to download and use. I created it in Extreme 3D years ago as a tutorial in a book I wrote. I think the time has come and gone to keep on copyrighting it or anything [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com
    Visit a really large gallery at www.GaryWorld.com!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Nice logo Mom-de-bomb!

Thanks for the OPEN anim, Gary! Been on vacation the past week. I am enjoying seeing all the new anims posted.

Ya'll keep them coming!

--Randy

Hi Sharon--

Could not resist tampering with your beautiful logo and animation.

I used PIXAR Typestry and Adobe Image Ready to make the 50K animation, which really should be 20K for the Web, but the gold was not color-reducing properly at 25 colors.

Glad I don't do this for an occupation [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] !

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Dear Gary and Randy,
    Thanks youz guyz.

I know that the thing is large, Gary, but this sucker has 72+ frames. (Every 5 deg.)

I just loved doing this and I could very happily do these for the rest of my life.

Gary, yours is very cool in gold.

That first version that you worked from has mistakes. First, I couldn't get CORELD3D to skew. It has bend and twist but no skew, so I had no way of doing it in italic like my other logos. Then I just drew it in CORELDraw and imported my drawing into the modeling box in D3D, *voila* italic!

The bigger mistake is that in the first version, the center section is backwards. The corners and curves are switched. This may not seem like a huge problem but since it isn't in italic either, at certain angles, I was horrified to see that it looks like a swastika! **shudder**

The way you have it turning is good because it always goes back to frontwards, whereas mine goes to backwards and that's where it runs into this problem.

I noticed that both you and Ivca put ridges on it. Then I looked at mine and noticed that it kind of does look like that. I don't know how to fix it in corelD3D. I started out creating a solid piece of glass with a copper strip embedded into one side (which I didn't like but couldn't figure out how to get rid of).

Then I decided that I'd like it to look like glass block and be hollow. The second version posted here is hollow (I've done this many more times than the ones shown). The lines appeared again but now it's where different planes butt up against eachother. This happened again in this last version but not so much. I don't know exactly what to do about it.

My next thing will be to copy it in a couple of different colors and overlap them a bit to see what the transparency will do with that. I want the hollowness to show up better.

Here's a really dark one that I didn't use:

The background and the logo were too close in color for me to make the background transparent unless I paint out the background by hand to be red or something.

Sharon P.

[This message was edited by mom_de_bomb on July 18, 2001 at 11:34.]

Hi Sharon--

Animating can proove to be a good way to get old quickly, too! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I was hooked on animated GIFs and short Videos for Windows for around 6 months before the un-attended to trash was about around my neck!

But it is fun, and I use GIFs and rollovers on my site.

PIXAR Typestry (which died in 1995) is what I use for text animations like yours. XARA 3D is good, but I cannot set up speeds and timelines and reverse animations in XARA. And I have 5 types of mitres for the edges, I think.

Cheers and best of luck on your site,

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com