Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi all.

I have pasted some text from Notepad to X1, and it appears as one long line stretching off the page.

How do I make that red line show up - the one that sets the "colum width" of text?

What's the red line called? I didn't know what to search for. I looked up "column text" but couldn't see how to make the red line appear in pasted text.

I want to narrow the column and have the text flow naturaly into lines, then full-justify it.

TIA
    - Bill H.

Hi all.

I have pasted some text from Notepad to X1, and it appears as one long line stretching off the page.

How do I make that red line show up - the one that sets the "colum width" of text?

What's the red line called? I didn't know what to search for. I looked up "column text" but couldn't see how to make the red line appear in pasted text.

I want to narrow the column and have the text flow naturaly into lines, then full-justify it.

TIA
    - Bill H.

Bill

Yes, this is one of my bete noires.

The only solution I have found is to F8, make a new line with the mouse and THEN paste the text in.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Hello Bill

Click the Text Tool on the page, and drag out your measure (the width of the text).

Then paste your unformatted text.

Gary