Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

can anyone explain what i am doing wrong. am scratching my head here (although my very limited knowledge isnt helping either), why when i am picking the colour does a different colour result?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colour_went_wonky.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	2598  

can anyone explain what i am doing wrong. am scratching my head here (although my very limited knowledge isnt helping either), why when i am picking the colour does a different colour result?

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

More info required. Are you working with named colours defined as shades of other colours?

Are you saying that this other non-selected object spontainiously changes colour when you are trying to change the colour of another object?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

no not working with named colours defined as shades of other colours.

i was looking for a particular purple, the box of lines on the left is a blend between two named colours (indigo and black).

i duplicated the second square up from the bottom, made a new square which i tried to fill with the same colour as the duplicated box (tried with the original square aswell) by using the colour picker (although the rgb values were the same), as u can see the large square is a different colour

.... was about to post the .xar file when i tried it again and guess what, i dont believe this, it worked ok (after trying it oodles of times before i posted, it did have to work after i had posted!). i would think i was going mad but this has happened before on a few occassions - must be a blip in the computer.

anyway thanks ross for taking the time to reply