Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi all,

I have been having a really strange thing happening. Lately when ever I invoke a file the last thing that was selected is covered in nodes, like I was going to use the freehand or shape editor tool.

It makes things sluggish.

I de-select the object by clicking in a free space but if I re-select it, it still re-asserts the nodes all over it. Sometimes when I try to move the object it seems locked down on the page.

All layers are editable, I'm not using any of the tools that apply nodes when this is happening. And it's begining to get irratating.

Is there a way to fix this?? I tried creating a new object on a new page and the same thing is happening!!

Thanks so much.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi all,

I have been having a really strange thing happening. Lately when ever I invoke a file the last thing that was selected is covered in nodes, like I was going to use the freehand or shape editor tool.

It makes things sluggish.

I de-select the object by clicking in a free space but if I re-select it, it still re-asserts the nodes all over it. Sometimes when I try to move the object it seems locked down on the page.

All layers are editable, I'm not using any of the tools that apply nodes when this is happening. And it's begining to get irratating.

Is there a way to fix this?? I tried creating a new object on a new page and the same thing is happening!!

Thanks so much.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

you got me, but I hope it's not contagious.

You've surely heard that computers can be infected with a virus, I bet yours has allergies, and with all the work you've been doing on feathers. Well, enough said. It just needs one real good sneeze and things should clear up.

Good luck!

Jack

Could it be that you have the "Show object edit handles" button pressed, as in the attached example?

(Just a shot in the dark.)

Glen.

(P.S.) I had fun just creating this screenshot! I think I might need to ask my employers to consider starting a program for Xara addicts. But not until I've finished having fun. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	16706  
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

I am at work now, I will look and see if that button got pushed down by accident when I get home tonight. I fear I may have to reinstall the program if nothing that is suggested works [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Your a funny man, Jack. I hope MY allergies are not contagious to machines, then we really do have problem. Just think if that were true...watching a DVD and the player sneezed and the DVD disk ejected and flew accross the room and busted, that would make for some very expensive entertainment, considering the price of those right now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Sigh....Me funny, too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

sneezing machines!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Couldn't resist making this with that thought... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dvdsneeze.gif 
Views:	372 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	9757  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

&nbsp
    I really like "Sneezy", the allergic CD player.

Dale

I couldn't resist...XaraX makes it fun to do animations, but you don't see too many posted around here. I don't know how to do anything fancy...but it's loads of fun. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

That's hilarious Maya!
    I haven't even opened an animation file yet but that sure makes it look like fun.

Thanks for the laugh.

Sorry about your troubles RAMWolff.

dafipp [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

you really ought to dig into Xara's great animation tools [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !!! Loads of fun!!!

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain