Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Risto's recent post on exporting to EPS reminded me of something I'd like to put on the "Wish List".

I would like see the export filters, for instance EPS and AI, include the following options:

1. Use Selected Objects only.

2. Allow these filters to IGNORE objects on any Invisible (hidden) layers.

This would eliminate the process of deleting objects and/or layers from your Xara file which you don't want to export.

Risto's recent post on exporting to EPS reminded me of something I'd like to put on the "Wish List".

I would like see the export filters, for instance EPS and AI, include the following options:

1. Use Selected Objects only.

2. Allow these filters to IGNORE objects on any Invisible (hidden) layers.

This would eliminate the process of deleting objects and/or layers from your Xara file which you don't want to export.

"1. Export Selected Objects only."

This option exists in Freehand and when I drew fonts in Xara2 I exported all letters toghether in an .ai file, opend it in Freehand and re-exported individual characters in .ai from Freehand, ...but with Freehand 8 I had a worse surprise: only a limited number of my objects were exported in the same session while Freehand said me they were all correctly exported !

Another extremely interesting feature could be "Batch export by names", as for sliced images; all named objects or groups could be exported separately and automatically in only one operation!

Friendly,
    ivan

Imagone the Future, re-invent the Rose.

Seems to be that there is standard format related to pdf.The option to export selected is ofered not also by fh8>>fh10 but also Expression 2. Its offers also the option of copy to pasteboard as pdf.These options will make the life easier to people who want to use Xara to press output. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]