Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Import Problem

Default Import Problem

If I import a vector object (elipse or triangle) into Xara from PSP X2... there is always a "White background" surrounding the triangular or circle shaped drawing in the shape of a square or rectangle. If I import a "rectangular" object... there is no white space.

While in PSP X2... I can copy and paste the round or triangular objects... and there is no white space.

What am I doing wrong???

Default Re: Import Problem

Welcome Breaker19

PSP is a bitmap editing application and Xtreme is a vector drawing application.

If you can save your file from PSP as a PNG with alpha channel transparency or Photoshop or TIFF with alpha channel transparency then you will not have the white background.

Basically when you save a file in PSP you are creating a rectangular bitmap. If the bitmap was not created on a transparency layer it will have a background which will be the same color as your page.

Default Re: Import Problem

Thanks GWPRIESTER.... I did as you mentioned and it worked!!!

PSP X2's export options are somewhat similar to Xara's export page.

The alpha channel was greyed out in PSP... but I changed the colors to "256 Colors" then I could check the "alpha channel box".

I then tried it both ways... from Xara to PSP and vice versa... works great!!!!

Thanks again GW