Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

thanks for enlightening us all about the origin of St. Patrick. I knew some of it, but, I'm ashamed to say, not much. I'll blame that on the fact that I'm only 1/2 Irish. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I wonder how the drinking associated with the holiday got it's start?

Thanks again, I enjoy learning interesting facts about things we think we know something about, but really don't.

Jack

was certainly with you that time, Ross! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Bruce--Fantastic animation!!! The little guy looks really cheerful too--great job!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

...art and information in this thread. That's what makes these forums such a wonderful place to be.

This drawing was started for St. Patrick's day last year, but wasn't quite ready to be posted. I've reworked almost everything except the face.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Happy Birthday Klaus!!

Soquili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paddy5.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	13372  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

It's terrific--WOW, especially the face!!!! That expression!!! You do a great job on faces!!!

Klaus--HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Everyone have a great one!!!

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

At least, on St. Patty's Day!

I wish all of you a great day, and all the Irish you can handle!

Gary O'Varnum
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StPattyAnim.gif 
Views:	211 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	9600  
    "I'm not an artist, but I play one on the internet!"

and Beautifully done animation Gary!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

Very Nice annimation. What was that you said over in XaraX forum about your art not being good or something...???? You be crazy, this is a fine piece. Thanks for sharing it with us [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And to Klaus, I too wish you a Happy Birthday!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] May the year that follows be filled with joy, love and success [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Klaus! One of my favorites, and I forgot to say Happy Birthday!

Maya, thank you! I enjoy all the things you share.

It's "Gary", RAMWolff! Just not the most famous one in the forum, and for good reason.

You mentioned before that you had spent time here in Sarasota. I apologize for not replying in that post. Sarasota is a great town, with a wonderful appreciation for the arts, due in part to the Ringling family's (of circus fame) contributions
    to the arts. The Ringling School of Art produces some outstanding alumni every year, and the John and Mabel Ringling Museum hosts some fantastic work.

Though I am proud of the graphics I create, I still do not consider them art. I am probably capable of producing things I would consider art, but my left brain is very much in control, and my right-brain requires considerable re-training. I fell into computer graphics by accident. I went to enroll in night classes for a degree in CAD at a local, private college. They decided to stop offering that degree, but they had a good Computer Graphics program, and the very pretty counselor talked me into it. So now I am 18 months into a 2 year program, working as a graphics/web designer for a local software design company, and enjoying this job like none before. (There have been several other career paths, including 10 years in the U.S.Air Force)

My daughter, 13, is quite artistically talented, so I am encouraging her to pursue those interests. Nothing beats doing what you enjoy for a living!

Wishing all of ya'll a wonderful St. Patty's day!

Gary V

I'm sooooo sorry Gary, having one of those moments again and screwed up your name (I do that allot) please forgive me.

Yea, I actually was born in Bradenton and when I grew into an adult lived and worked in Sarasota. I was going to apply at The Ringling Art School but it was out my Dad's budget at the time, so I became a hairdresser instead. Still an artist but boy was I dissapointed about that let down. So it goes.

Art is art, weather you think it's art or not. If it is visually stimulating to someone esle and it brings joy or whatever to the one viewing it, it's art. Right brain, left brain all work together to make it happen. I have allot of folks that tell me that they can't even draw a stick figure correctly all the time but they do crafts or something artistic. We all are creative beings, but some have not allowed it to flow. Sounds like things are begining to flow for you and you are encouraging your daughter to pursue her interest in art. So your tuned in, just not as much as you would probably like, so then tune in more. It's always your choice. Rememeber, if you tell yourself that you are not capable then you will block that energy, if you tell yourself you are then the energy will flow. It may take some time to 'undam' that energy, but it will. Just be positive about it and that right brain action will kick in [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Sorry again for the name "fo pa" (did you read that I am a really bad speller [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I am!! A left brain problem [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

RAMwolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---