Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

When I convert an element to bitmap, then export to adobe illustrator, the bitmap is solid black where it should be white.

Any black detail is lost and the bitmap is unusable.

The same occurs if I right click/copy, then past the object as a bitmap into Photoshop or PaintShopPro.

Since no print shops use Xara, it's impossible to get my artwork printed using Illustrator export!!

HELP!!!

When I convert an element to bitmap, then export to adobe illustrator, the bitmap is solid black where it should be white.

Any black detail is lost and the bitmap is unusable.

The same occurs if I right click/copy, then past the object as a bitmap into Photoshop or PaintShopPro.

Since no print shops use Xara, it's impossible to get my artwork printed using Illustrator export!!

HELP!!!

Hello Calysta

Welcome to the Xara X Conference.

You have basically the right idea, but the wrong execution.

Export your image as a TIFF image at the desired resolution. The file should then place in Illustrator or Photoshop with no problem.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    he tub mob relieves</a>

hi calysta,

i have encountered the problem you seem to have but only when using things that xara can do but illustrator can't, eg. fractal fills etc.

at this point you are only really able to save it as a tiff file as mentioned above, keeping the dpi to about 300dpi and have compression set to "none" as this aids compatibility with some prining setups.

apart from the "special" things that xara offers, i've had no problems transferring items between xara and illustrator (and back again), i have to do it fairly often as i product a catalogue for my employer and we deal with mac-setters.
    :: d-sine :: www.d-sine.org