Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

EVERYBODY:
    Check out Real-DRAW Pro at www.mediachance.com - it's a FANTASTIC and totally UNIQUE vector-bitmap-3d program!!! I've only played with it for 20 minutes tonight, but I am certainly buying this baby tomorrow! And at only $49, it's a staggering value! I've not been this excited by a graphics program since Expression 2!

Xara Ltd. folks: Take some long, hard stares at Real-DRAW Pro - XaraX 2.0 should "steal" quite a few features from this one!

K!
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP

I bought Real-DRAW Pro tonight - I'm going to bed knowing I have a fascinating new program to explore tomorrow!

Again: do yourself a favor and check out Real-DRAW Pro. Do you hear me - Jens, Gary, Sean, Et. Al.?

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!! There are places that can help people like you. Graphic Art Program Addiction (GAPA) is cureable! So what was that URL again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'll check this out

David King
    www.dkingdesign.com

PS (I found this program called zbrush today ... check it out at http://pixologic.com/ )
    IP

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Klaus,

thanks for the info - I share your excitement. It almost blew my hair off. Incredible.

I will order it. $ 49 is less than a dinner in a restaurant, so what can we do wrong? If it should have bugs, who cares for this price? And last but not least there will always be XARA X as a fallback system :-)))

jens
    (can't wait to experiment - still donwloading...)
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--
    IP

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Klaus,

Real-Draw is mindboggling. It keeps my eyes glued to the screen. Oh Lord, it's unbelievable what these cracks have developed.

OK, the vector import is kind of limited (only WMF), and it handles only True Type fonts, but the rest is screaming to say at least.

The handling is not as intuitive as XARA X, more like Macromedia Freehand, but the effect you can achieve with this app are GRRREAT. Instant gratification, really.

IMHO it can't substitute XARA X, but it's an excellent add-on - always great to have another tool like this cutting edge thingie in your pocket.

The rendering is absolutely fantastic. Need a poster from a certain area of your drawing? 3 clicks and you end up with a 8.000 pixel size bitmap - in razorsharp quality of course.

OK, the precision is far from what XARA X offers, but hell, I consider it more a paint software than a vector software. And it's as endless as a real canvas, giving you all the freedom to create ANYTHING you have in your mind.

I guess you ruined my weekend, because I KNOW I will play with this app all day long (and certainly all night as well).

jens

Unbelievable. Leaves me speechless.
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--
    IP

I did not want to spam this forum, but since the thread is open already ...

I downloaded Real Draw yesterday and have been playing with it ever since. It's just awesome !!

Like others mentioned above, it will not replace X for me, but it sure makes a great addition. I absolutely will buy it !!

Some things are really bad though, even if they don't change my overall high opinion:

* Text placement is happening on a trial & error basis - no realtime preview.

* Scaling is solved incredibly stupid. To keep the aspect ratio, you must scale with the upper left corner. I'd prefer a Xara-like solution.

* You need a pretty high screen-resolution to work freely. Fortunately this is no problem for me since I have my new LCD, but I guess even 1024x768 would be too small.

My strong suggestion: download the trial and check out this great program !!

Wolfgang
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Here's the first little thing I did in the program...

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starfish.jpg 
Views:	1650 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	616  
    IP

The attached picture took 7 minutes in the making, using only styles that come with RealDraw already.

You are able to change all aspects like lighting (realtime!!), texture, color ect. any way you like it.

Please note, that in the program, this all is VECTOR based !!!

Wolfgang

Name:	realdraw.jpg 
Views:	1566 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	19413  
    IP

That looks great Wolfgang! I've just downloaded the zbrush program that David provided a link to above. It is a paint program the merges 2d with 3d in what it's authors say is a simple, intuitive manner. Be sure to check it out too! I must go and install it now...

Regards, Ross

IP

Following Wolfgang's lead, I thought I'd see what I could do within the first seven minutes of opening zbrush for the first time. The rings image is the result of that experiment - although I took about 11 minutes 46 seconds!

It looks like a very useful tool - check it out!

Regards, Ross

Name:	rings.jpg 
Views:	1427 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	18460  
    IP