Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We had a "shop" there for a while, the main problem was that their shopping cart isn't capable of handling more than 1 item at a time. This meant that every item bought had the full admin & shipping cost even if they bought more than one item from the same store. Improvements never went beyond the promisses stage, so when they raised their baseprices by 30-40% we quit. Sales outside the US were never an option as their p&p outside the US went even beyond UPS's worldwide same day delivery bill.

Might be neat to have a contest for a Xarian T-shirt design... we could all create a t-shirt, vote on it and then post it at cafepress.com - not sure about the profits though... maybe the person hosting the store would sell the shirts at cost OR maybe that should be the reward for being voted #1 design... you get to keep the profit... oops, that brings up another issue... guess we would have to agree on a price ahead of time so the winner doesn't gouge us?

Not sure about the Xarians overseas...someone mentioned that cafepress doesn't ship overseas?

Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

It looks like overseas is ridiculously expensive unless buying in bulk (for instance 20$ for P+P to the UK for the first t-shirt and 5$ for each subsequent one - the shirt itself has a base price of $13)

We could, however, club together and get a whole shipment to Europe somewhere and redistribute for less money ourselves, if that would be practical...

James

For our UK & european readers only...

whats the point of getting a bulk shipment from the US? Why not the UK? Its got to be cheaper. Its not as though the US has a monopoly on printing t-shirts.

Here in Brighton our Yellow Pages lists many companies offerring t-shirt printing services, and I could collect for *nothing*.

Like the idea of a contest to design a Xarian shirt. I think - given an agreed design it may be cheaper just to let each country fend for themselves and save extortionate shipping charges.
    Alan

After reading and giving more thought I've come up with this...

Yes, if we all really wanted Xarian T-Shirts it would be cheaper to have some company mass produce 100 @ $6 each...

If we wanted quick, easy, one at a time printing it would actually be easier to use www.clubphoto.com or www.ofoto.com - you can post as many images as you want, share them with a community and each person can order a shirt, coffee mug or whatever with their favorite Xarian art...

Later,
    Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I've seen the site before it rather bothered me that you can only have one image per product otherwise you have to open another store..... dumb!

So I doubt that these people have a patent on the idea? So how about several locations for a similar store, Europe, UK, Canada and the US, etc. etc. but only one website. The product would be made and shipped from the location nearest to you.

As far as a contest goes, I think it would be a great idea. And I think it would also be a great idea if the proceeds went to purchase XaraX for a school (the candidates choosen from a drawing) or a nominated deserving young artist.

In the mean time we could all wear our winning Xara design and everyone will ask us ?XaraX? what is that? tee hee [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]