Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey check out this place ...

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/st...toreid=dk_art1

I just made a "store" with items for sale (shirts, mugs, mouse pad) using a ship picture I made in XaraX. You don't pay a thing but get money monthly if your items sell. All handled by the company [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I need to add elements to this store (banner and description etc...) but I'll do that tomorrow ... I'll see how it goes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

Hey check out this place ...

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/st...toreid=dk_art1

I just made a "store" with items for sale (shirts, mugs, mouse pad) using a ship picture I made in XaraX. You don't pay a thing but get money monthly if your items sell. All handled by the company [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I need to add elements to this store (banner and description etc...) but I'll do that tomorrow ... I'll see how it goes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

Last summer I sold t-shirts for my mp3.com band on cafepress. I made $50.

Nathan Heagy
    <HR>
    Blow Your Beef Away
    Cow Comics!
    Founder and Lead Designer at Amuses Me Games.
    Apple fanboy with much nostalgia for Xara. @nheagy on twitter

Good to see you checking in Nathan.

David

That looks really cool. What do you have to send them to reproduce from? I would think they would need more than 96 dpi to get the best reproduction. How many items can you sell?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on June 26, 2001 at 13:47.]

So can they do hurtling airplane GIFs too? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

This looks pretty neat...I'm wondering if anyone has read the member's agreement? Any lawyers out there... ----Joel

Gary -

Well you just upload a jpg, gif or whatever for your shirts and it shows a preview after you specify the size of the image (since it's a shirt or small mug image, I think 200 to 300 dpi should give enough resolution). If people order one of your items from them, they print it up and ship it and send you the amount above their base price every month. Unfortunately each "store" only has the same number of items, so what I'm doing is making a bunch of stores with the same image on all the items in a store. It can't hurt, but I'll have to get people looking at them so I guess I'll be including the URL on the bottum of all my emails now ;-).

Peter -

At present they don't allow hurtling airplane gifs on the shirts although that would be cool ... I'll ask them in an email [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] (hmmm they'd need a shirt with a flexible lcd screen on the front and a small memory chip and graphics card ... wow , the shirt could be costly!)..... ok ....ok ....I owe you a hurtling airplane gif I know [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] ...

Joel -

From what I read if you decide to remove your image it's gone ...they don't use the images or at least that's what they said :-)

Anyway, it's an interesting thing and there's no expense but whether anyone will buy anything of mine is another issue.

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

Wow, that's really sweet! Everybody sure there are no "catches"? and Joel, how'd you get a sale on the mousepad, or is that something the site did. Nice site

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hello Steve,

That's Cafepress's promotion for the week...

Regards, Joel