Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grant and I are working out the arrangements for the CDs and they should be available soon.

I want to wait until the Glossary is complete for the WebXealots and Manual CD. And I also need to revisit some of the earlier chapters in the manual and revise as necessary. As some of you may remember, the manual was started before Xara X was released and I was using a beta copy. The release version has different buttons and there may be a few things that either changed, or that I did not fully understand when I covered them.

The Tutorials CD (there will be two CD's each sold separately) will include all tutorials up to the end of 2001. The 2002 CD will be available at Christmas time.

I also want to wait until the manual CD is complete before we offer either CD as there will be a special price if you order both CDs. (I might even through in an autographed photo of Harry the extraordinary canary).

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Grant and I are working out the arrangements for the CDs and they should be available soon.

I want to wait until the Glossary is complete for the WebXealots and Manual CD. And I also need to revisit some of the earlier chapters in the manual and revise as necessary. As some of you may remember, the manual was started before Xara X was released and I was using a beta copy. The release version has different buttons and there may be a few things that either changed, or that I did not fully understand when I covered them.

The Tutorials CD (there will be two CD's each sold separately) will include all tutorials up to the end of 2001. The 2002 CD will be available at Christmas time.

I also want to wait until the manual CD is complete before we offer either CD as there will be a special price if you order both CDs. (I might even through in an autographed photo of Harry the extraordinary canary).

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I, for one, can hardly wait [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !!!! A canary???
    I'm not familiar with that.....guess I'll have to wait and see [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .
    Thanks for all your efforts in all aspects of Xara and the CD's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---As The Crow Caws!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Gary, thanks so much for all of your hard work. I'm looking forward to the tutorial CD's, and a picture of Harry!

I finally did get everything to work on the downloaded HTML tut versions in Microsoft Word and have since been able to print without a hitch, but it still will be nice to have them all on CD's.

I haven't gone back and done many of the earlier tutorials, how many or which one's adapt the best to Xara X?

Jack

No, i'm just kiding [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Your work is... i can't find enough words to say... good, great, marvelous, heroic... and much more.

For sure you fill a big gap in our expectations, and the idea to provide CD is excelent. Take the time you need, i'm sure the result will be a "first choice" reference work, and i'll get one set (and maybe a second one, to maque unique ear rings for my girlfriend).

Just one question : do you plan to provide printer friendly version of the documents, such as PDF or all-on-a-single-web-bage ?

The discs will contain individual PDF files for each tutorial and each chapter of the WebXealot/On-Line manual.

I am also talking with a few different sources to see if we can include some free images, maybe some cool fonts, and other neat stuff.

Jack -- The last two years worth of tutorials are the most appropriate for Xara X. And all the earlier ones can be done as well, only there are now easier ways to accomplish many of the effects.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

And of course don't hesitate to include all your preferred brushes from the Shop (if they approve that at Xara!).

Kindly yours and good luck!
    ivan

Of course if I include too much, will I eliminate the need for the XaraXone and put myself out of a job? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

you and all the other wonderful moderators are an intregal part of this conferance (and others).

As for the Canary pic, how about a pic of you and Grant on the CD's with canary bodies [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] BAD idea, never mind, ICK!! What an idea.

Can't wait. Between those CD's and your wifes book and the new scanner and printer I am looking into, my credit card will be smoking for months to come [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Gary, i don't want to put you out of job, but if you think they can help you can put my plugins on your CD.

You can also include all my images.

Heu... well... i've posted just one, so you'll have enough space to add more and more PDFs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    I hope i'll post others in the gallery soon, but i'm more a webdesigner than an artist.