Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Sketch --> Xara

Hey, just wanted to share a little tip I just recently thought up. It's an easy way to color imported sketches in Xara. I'm not sure if this has already been said, or how many of you know ti already, but oh well! For the newbies:

Once your black and white sketch is in Xara, go to the transparency menu and give it a a Stained Glass transparency. The white should be mostly cleared out, if not play with the Brightness and Contrast in the bitmap effects option. Enjoy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sm.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	19830  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hey, just wanted to share a little tip I just recently thought up. It's an easy way to color imported sketches in Xara. I'm not sure if this has already been said, or how many of you know ti already, but oh well! For the newbies:

Once your black and white sketch is in Xara, go to the transparency menu and give it a a Stained Glass transparency. The white should be mostly cleared out, if not play with the Brightness and Contrast in the bitmap effects option. Enjoy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

You're right Steve. Stained Glass is also known as subtractive transparency and treats pure white as 100% transparent. Bleach is also known as additive transparency and treats solid black as 100% transparent.

Superman, BTW, is owned by one of those syndicates and is trademarked, copyrighted, etc.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    beehive us rob melt </a>

I hope they will survive this vilation of rights. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Oh yep, forgot, sorry, this is copyright of toonzone.com and I in no way take responsibility for the previous image.
    I'm sure they will understand that this was meant for the growth of artistic knowledge towards the Xara community!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-