Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I would like to know the correct process involved from selecting a Web page design template in Xara Webstyle to turning this into a Dreamweaver template (.dwt) then subsequently successfully generating new web pages from the template within Dreamweaver and assigning those pages to the navigation menu. A step by step guide would be very useful as I have not yet found a way to do this.

I would like to know the correct process involved from selecting a Web page design template in Xara Webstyle to turning this into a Dreamweaver template (.dwt) then subsequently successfully generating new web pages from the template within Dreamweaver and assigning those pages to the navigation menu. A step by step guide would be very useful as I have not yet found a way to do this.

I have the same problem. Does yours go like this? --->

1. Use Webstyle 4 template to select a page.
    2. Export it as html.
    3. Open DW and open your page.
    4. Save page as a template.
    5. Use template to "clone" several other htm pages (page1, page2, page3, etc.).
    6. Reopen template in DW and click on navbar.
    7. Click on edit button in DW to open WS4 to edit navbar so as to point to these new pages; save navbar in WS4; save template in DW, indicating that all cloned pages should be updated.
    8. Open any of the other pages (page1, etc).
    9. WHERE DID THE NAVBAR GO? I DIDN'T EVEN UPLOAD IT YET!

This is the most frustrating experience I have had in a long time. I e-mailed Xara 2 weeks ago, but have heard nothing.