Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

And lower their opacity so that they all kind of fade/melt together.
    I'm havig problems.
    I open a photograph in PSP7 and copy it and when I go to a new file to paste it into a layer, it either opens a new window or tells me it's an empty selection.
    I know this is probably a basic thing, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Beth
    IP

you want to paste in the image AS an image layer. So open the first image, then open the second image and copy that to the clipboard, then focus on the first image and then do "control L". If I'm wrong (I don't have it here at work), someone else will surely say so

Jon
    Jon
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

Hi Beth! Welcome to the forum!

Jon was right.... but here's a little hint I use.

I always start with a transparent background...then go the the layer manager and add a new layer. It is on this layer that I add the first image. This allows me to add a color or a texture to the bottom layer later, if I decide to.

To add the 2nd and 3rd images simply copy the image and do a Control L ( paste as a new layer).
    Once you have all your layers set, you can play with the transparency in the layer manager.

Hope that helps!

Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    IP