Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've recently been doing some work that required a rather large custom page size (5000 x 6000 pixels) Xara performed very well with the larger size (which was used to a large degree because I got the level of feathering control that I wanted at that size) but I ended up having significant problems once it came to exporting. Xara locked up and just decided it wasn't going to cooperate. I finally had to shrink the page down to a 2500 x 3000 page to get around the problem.

My question is, have others experienced that same kind of problems with large custom page sizes? (or am I possibly the only fool to go that big?) My computer hasn't been exactly performing at100% lately so it could very well be something outside of Xara... That's why I'm asking.

Thanks,

J

I've recently been doing some work that required a rather large custom page size (5000 x 6000 pixels) Xara performed very well with the larger size (which was used to a large degree because I got the level of feathering control that I wanted at that size) but I ended up having significant problems once it came to exporting. Xara locked up and just decided it wasn't going to cooperate. I finally had to shrink the page down to a 2500 x 3000 page to get around the problem.

My question is, have others experienced that same kind of problems with large custom page sizes? (or am I possibly the only fool to go that big?) My computer hasn't been exactly performing at100% lately so it could very well be something outside of Xara... That's why I'm asking.

Thanks,

J

My solution to doing that is to go under options and change scaling to 1 to 10. That way you'll get it working the size you want with feathering.

However on export, you need to export at 10 times the resolution.

In my case, I was working on files that were 80 x 30 inches. I used the 1 to 10 scaling factor, so the actual file size was 8 x 3 inches. When I exported, the originals needed to be 80 x 30 inches at 100 dpi. I exported at 1000 dpi.

I hope that helps. With the larger file sizes, Xara doesn't seem to want to cooperate. Scaling is the solution.

Good luck.

Sheffield Abella
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

Hello

With CorelXara and Xara Studio before that there was a large.dll that need to be used to get large exports. It might be the same with Xarax.

Mike Engles