Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Just downloaded the trial version of Coreldraw 12 and really like it. I will probably purchase it. I am having a couple of problems though.
    1. I have created a tabloid (17 x 11) and on each page, I want to have a watermark. I am having difficulty doing this with CD12.
    2. also while trying to use the Interactive blend tool, it will not let me The little circle with the diagonol line in it appears.

appreciate any help
    IP

Draw is a vector app, and editing bitmaps is not one of it's strong points. Better do bitmap works in Photoshop, then import it in Draw to add vector elements (text, shapes etc.) Photopaint is Draw's bitmap editing half...
    IP

Thanks guys and gals appreciate the help....quick new question... trying to spot fix the color on a pair of pants... they are grey but have some white spots on them (it is a bitmap tiff file I imported from Photoshop). In photoshop, I just alt click on the area I want to clone (ie grey part of the pants) and then just clik on the little white spots and boom they turn grey. Doesnt appear to be so straight forward in CD (or am I have just not picked it up yet)?
    IP

Just downloaded the trial version of Coreldraw 12 and really like it. I will probably purchase it. I am having a couple of problems though.
    1. I have created a tabloid (17 x 11) and on each page, I want to have a watermark. I am having difficulty doing this with CD12.
    2. also while trying to use the Interactive blend tool, it will not let me The little circle with the diagonol line in it appears.

appreciate any help
    IP

Actually you can do the same thing with the retouch brush but it is a right click that does the sampling.

True, there are things Photoshop just doesn't do, however, if you have checked out the gold tutorial at Unleashed Graphics, there are things which PP does very well indeed.

I discovered that if you want to use OLE you can do that from the Edit menu in DRAW, and towards the bottom of the list is "Insert New Object", then you may insert any number of objects among which are Photoshop drawings. If you are familiar with OLE (Object Linking and Embedding, when you change the file in the linked file in DRAW, it automatically updates DRAW. So if you have been longing to use Photoshop and DRAW together and get more of the best of both, this is a great way.

In my work, I import files from Word, and from Photoshop, if I started from DRAW and embedded the application, if the size wasn't just right, I'd be just popping back and forth seemlessly plus the file is embedded and will not be a problem when it goes to the printer, it is inherently a part of DRAW.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

You have layers and can create a layer, drag it beneath your active layer and put the water mark there, or create a layer above and put it there and make it transparent if you wish.

The interactive blend tool will show the forbidden symbol until it senses something that it blendable underneath it. There are tutorials on the web as to how to use blends that will show you more about this. You must have two items to blend between or blends will not work. The blend works by dragging the mouse once the forbidden symbols disappears to the other object at the opposite end of the blend.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Played with master layers a little more. It seems that you have to lock the master layer by clicking on the pencil icon to gray it out before switching pages. Otherwise, the contents of the layer would jump to an active regular layer. Strange behavior. Also, it is the grid layer that determines whether the master layer's contents is over or under the regular layers for the various pages. If the master layer is under the grid layer, your watermark is under everything. It is over everything if it is above the grid layer. And you can add additional master layers so you have one above and below the regular layers. Very handy if you're planning on using the same background for multiple pages...
    IP

You can also place your watermark design on the master layer and it will appear in every page if you're using a multipage layout. It the master layer is over the guideline layer, the watermark will appear on top of everything. If you drag the master layer below the guidelines layer, the watermark will be under everything in the pages.
    At least theoretically...
    I just tried it on CD11. The object seems to keep jumping back to regular layers after switching to different pages... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif. Anybody can confirm this bug or is it just me?
    IP