Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why ?

Hello

Both Micrografx and Corel products were much more innovative than Adobe. They had more features and worked better and faster.

The problem was that Adobe noticed how big the Windows graphics market was and realising that the Apple market was saturated and possibly declining, made Photoshop and Illustrator cross platform. The Windows users always had a slight inferiority complex towards Apple,so heavily purchased the new products for Windows and the rest is history.

The upside was that it lifted Windows to be a really viable graphics platform, with files that were interchangable across platforms.

Corel and Micrografx sales declined, so that they could not invest in their products.

Xara is a small niche and is really unlikely to grow, unless it can port to Apple.

I remember saying that to them in 1994 at a Windows show in London, when I first saw and bought Xara Studio as a beta.

It will never happen. Maybe OSX porting would be easier. They could also test it in OSX using Windows emulation and sell it to Apple users that way, but I don't think they are that interested.

OSX is really very interesting.

Mike Engles

I tried to post the files, but with no luck, anyway the tutorial that i did is located
    http://www.designsbymark.com/ai_tips/aitips_wires.shtml

I also applied the brush to Circle and the result was astonishing, but with box or star objects it had some defact ( ok but not like the curve and circle shapes)

To mike engles
    "Xara is a small niche and is really unlikely to grow, unless it can port to Apple."

I hope you are wrong, i pray that Xarax grows and fast

thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

How about some harder challenge. The cord brush is too easy ;-)

Aj,

This difference is very simple to explain: Illustrator brush is like Expression's one but with some limitation. Expression brush molds the objects along the line (repeating the shapes is an option in Expression). That's very interesting and the novelty in Expression 2 is that it molds even bitmaps! As I remember after some images posted by Gary, molding the shapes along the strokes was included in Xara X brushes project. I hope that will be implemented in next release. Nevertheless, about Expression 2, I was badly suprised because its exported alpha channels for tiffs are wrong (they fade to black!) and it don't export to PNG, and those are the reasons why I don't use it. I am an owner of Expression 1 & 2 and Illustrator (up to 8) but I don't use them at the moment.

Kind regards,

ivan