Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All those stars .

I thought it was funny! Got a yuck out of me. Who would take the time to DO such a thing ?? Maybe it was something like an autodialer ?

Anyway, give 'em ALL 5 stars. Who cares...

Rgds,
    tad

ps... I gave you ONE for your efforts. Let's all give Ross more stars.... t.

pps... I DIDN'T do it, but I wish I had ... t.

[This message was edited by Tad Bridenthal on March 08, 2003 at 22:52.]

All those stars .

I thought it was funny! Got a yuck out of me. Who would take the time to DO such a thing ?? Maybe it was something like an autodialer ?

Anyway, give 'em ALL 5 stars. Who cares...

Rgds,
    tad

ps... I gave you ONE for your efforts. Let's all give Ross more stars.... t.

pps... I DIDN'T do it, but I wish I had ... t.

[This message was edited by Tad Bridenthal on March 08, 2003 at 22:52.]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I find the current rating system flawed. All us regulars know they don't necessarily reflect the quality of a thread. No doubt most of us ignore them. When one vote can give a thread either a one-star rating or a five --- it is ripe for abuse. I tend to think giving an unrated thread one star is intended to be an insult as normally most threads go unrated.

Anyways, I think the current rating of all the threads was done in humour. I still think it is an abuse in that it can't be undone.

Regards, Ross

I'm agree with Ross.
    Current rating system is discommodity thing. :-)

===============
    alexander

email

ALBO Design
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

I wonder how is it possible there isn't possibility to delete profile together with action the person using profile has done..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dmagician:
    I wonder how is it possible there isn't possibility to delete profile together with action the person using profile has done..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you can log the IP address it can be blocked. But then some of these people use proxy servers to post through and then just change to another when blocked. I tend to ignore and move on. Attention is what they crave.

+++Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila+++
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

is that the posts were created by a certain ex-Marine who is having difficulty with retirement and is looking for ways to occupy his time.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Click to make The Xara Xone #1

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Gary -- What you may not know is that in the deleted thread someone posted as GPriester, identified themself as "Gary" and proceeded to try and insinuate something (hard to tell what really) about Risto. The same person presumably had some fun rating all the threads.

Regarding blocking people etc. -- such things are possible by Xara's administrator but not by us moderators. (We get the fancy title and only power to edit and delete).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

... what the fake Priester was trying to say. I have never liked the star rating system, and only use it to show my appreciation of Steve's work. OK... and my NOT so appreciate feelings of the "XaraXone click-here" threads. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!