Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Help with color

Would somebody please take pity on this old fat man? When doing Gary's tutorials he says to select specific colors r g b. When I go there, the r g b are in %, if I change the red, then change the green, the red defaults back to 100%. I know it's something simple, but it has me stumped. The only way is to use the 3D slider and visually try to match the color. Could someone walk me down the path to setting up the color? thanks, Tim

Would somebody please take pity on this old fat man? When doing Gary's tutorials he says to select specific colors r g b. When I go there, the r g b are in %, if I change the red, then change the green, the red defaults back to 100%. I know it's something simple, but it has me stumped. The only way is to use the 3D slider and visually try to match the color. Could someone walk me down the path to setting up the color? thanks, Tim

Hello...

Right Click on the page and select page options from the list. In the dialogue box that pops up select the units tab and make sure in the color units 0-255 is selected. That should do it

Joel

Hi TimS - welcome to the forums (if you haven't been greeted yet)

See the attached for a visual on solving your issue.

I believe, for the longest time, Gary would briefly explain how to set up a document at the start of a tute. He's since abandonded this on the assumption that people doing the main tutes, know they're way around already. That isn't to say that he doesn't care about the newbies - aux contraire - he's set up the on-line manual for reference and the workbook to sharpen the skills.

Regards, Wayne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desktop.gif 
Views:	223 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	3810  

beat me by a nose.

Thanks, everything working fine now. You've made my day

but I see you got your answer.

There are also instructions in the first paragraph of text just before the first step. But in your excitement to get going with the tutorial, you probably didn't read all the way though :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone