Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all,

I am in the process of creating an animation as part of a medical lecture to be shown on screen using powerpoint. I have created the animation in XaraX in animated gif format. The problem is taht when imported into powerpoint it takes too long to load (get going) and that it is rather jittery (it is smooth in Xara). Is there a better way to incorporate it into the presentation? Someone told me about flash movies but I don't know what I need to make it into a flash movie or whether ppt will run it..

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance..

Bayan.

Hi all,

I am in the process of creating an animation as part of a medical lecture to be shown on screen using powerpoint. I have created the animation in XaraX in animated gif format. The problem is taht when imported into powerpoint it takes too long to load (get going) and that it is rather jittery (it is smooth in Xara). Is there a better way to incorporate it into the presentation? Someone told me about flash movies but I don't know what I need to make it into a flash movie or whether ppt will run it..

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance..

Bayan.

Hello Banyan and welcome to the Xara X Conference.

What about building your presentation as a web site? GIF and Flash animations are supported and should play at full speed.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Hi Gary,

Thank you for that idea. I will try.

Regards to all..

Bayan.

It was a long time ago that I did a power point presentation with animation for a friend, I don't remember all the specifics but I had problems as well, I ended up making a stand alone movie, I think that it was imported as OLE? The slide had an icon that when clicked would load and run the animation/movie file. It Worked pretty good. You could make a quicktime movie or such as that using the gif files, there are some freeware editors on the web.

Thank you very much Mike..

Regards

Bayan

aaaghhh!!

I call it the Freehand syndrome.. you want to do something simple and its all too complicated..

I too am just now trying to put flash swfs into powerpoint presentations for medical teaching.
    You need to insert an active-x control into the slide, then copy the swf to the same folder as the powerpoint file and type in the name of the file into the properties dialogue box (right click on active x thing in slide) and it will work. But at cost.. languuage, magnanimity..

Worst thing is, powerpoint on a mac does this simply. It just uses quicktime. But downloading/installing quicktime on a pc is a hassle. Sigh. And then it doesnt work seamlessly like on the mac.

irritable as ever

Q

for instructions re swfs in powerpoint.. go to

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q250974

note you should save both swf and ppt in same folder then link filename in properties dialogue (right click active-x object in ppt slide) or else more complex method espoused by microsoft in their Q250974.. have it in a folder on your server if you are on a network and paste this url.

ya
    Q

Hi Quentin

Thank you..
    Thank you..
    Thank you..

Done at last.

Quality of the image is a bit poor though, but I guess it would do.

Regards.

Bayan.

get me back to the thought of Xara producing its OWN presentation package. The way they engineer their products, I bet they would make integration with other animations programs straight forward and easy to manage; plus, it probably would not create humungous files like PPoint.