Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

[ UPDATE: I have updated the download to version 1.1 as a noticed a bug with the original version where files that were previewed could not be deleted (why do bugs always show up just after you release something?) ]

Lone Wolf and others posted some questions about viewing Xara X files as thumbnials in Windows Explorer. As Karim and Michael pointed out, to do this requres a DLL file so Windows can read the preview out of the .xar files.

I have put together such a DLL and you can get it (with a nice installer) here:

Thumbnail viewer for Xara X

You can also get the source code (in C++ format) from here:

The source code

This is a personal project that I have created in my own time. I take no responsablity for any problems that this program may cause and I will not be able to offer any support for it. Be aware that as this program runs as part of Explorer so bugs in it could cause Explorer to go wrong.

I have tested it on Windows 2000 and Windows XP with no problems (if you are brave enough to try it on Windows 9x please post here with the results).

Please be aware that this program is not linked in any way with Xara Ltd (so don't blame them if it causes you any problems).

I have attached a screen grab of one of my folders showing the new icons.

Jonathan

[This message was edited by Jonathan Payne on February 02, 2003 at 07:31.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thumbnails.PNG 
Views:	836 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	9608  

[ UPDATE: I have updated the download to version 1.1 as a noticed a bug with the original version where files that were previewed could not be deleted (why do bugs always show up just after you release something?) ]

Lone Wolf and others posted some questions about viewing Xara X files as thumbnials in Windows Explorer. As Karim and Michael pointed out, to do this requres a DLL file so Windows can read the preview out of the .xar files.

I have put together such a DLL and you can get it (with a nice installer) here:

Thumbnail viewer for Xara X

You can also get the source code (in C++ format) from here:

The source code

This is a personal project that I have created in my own time. I take no responsablity for any problems that this program may cause and I will not be able to offer any support for it. Be aware that as this program runs as part of Explorer so bugs in it could cause Explorer to go wrong.

I have tested it on Windows 2000 and Windows XP with no problems (if you are brave enough to try it on Windows 9x please post here with the results).

Please be aware that this program is not linked in any way with Xara Ltd (so don't blame them if it causes you any problems).

I have attached a screen grab of one of my folders showing the new icons.

Jonathan

[This message was edited by Jonathan Payne on February 02, 2003 at 07:31.]

This is really great Jonathan.

May I post the URL in the Shareware page?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

the link for installer is broken (the one fof the source works) could you fix it, I would really like to have that dll ...
    or is there any other site to download from?

thank you!
    alan e.

Gary: Thanks for the complement. You're welcome to post the URL to the shareware page but I would prefer it if you could copy the file(s) to your server (the server I am using is a bit slow and unreliable). If you do post it, please include a note stating that I am not responsible for any problems and ask people not to bother Xara Ltd about any problems it may cause.

Alan: I think I have got the link fixed now. Sorry about that.

Jonathan

yes, it works now! thank you!
    alan e.

I'll make it available from the Xara server.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

THANK YOU so MUCH!!!

WOW!! It works and boy does it work!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I can't tell the difference from my image files now and my .xar files!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Truly wonderful! You are so kind to put this together for us Xarians. Xara Ltd. should offer you some bucks for this and include it in the next releass!!

Richard http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Worked well on XP. I tried it on the shed computer. I sort of runs on Win98 SE. Didn't see anything happen. Your welcome to my texture files in return. Rich

Excellent! Windows XP home.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host