Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am currently taking a computer graphics course 3 nights a week at a local, private college. We are using Cinema 4d ver 6. The pictures I am posting are from the first project we did, based on tutorials in the Cinema 4D book. We were given leeway in how we designed our required objects, so out of 14 students, no 2 were the same. Mine was no where near the best, but I thought I did a good job, better than most. This is my first venture into the 3D art world. I look forward to picking up tips in this forum, and I recognize quite a few respected names (at least, I respect them) from the Xara X forums. This also the first of my work that I have posted anywhere, so hopefully I'll do it right. I'm posting 3 views of the same room, so maybe you can get an idea of how it was laid out. I welcome your questions, critiques and advice!

<font size=3 color="#0055ff" face="Tahoma">Gary V.</font>

<font size="-2" face="Verdana" color="red">The more I learn, the more ignorant I feel.</font>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Room1small.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	13905  
    "I'm not an artist, but I play one on the internet!"

I am currently taking a computer graphics course 3 nights a week at a local, private college. We are using Cinema 4d ver 6. The pictures I am posting are from the first project we did, based on tutorials in the Cinema 4D book. We were given leeway in how we designed our required objects, so out of 14 students, no 2 were the same. Mine was no where near the best, but I thought I did a good job, better than most. This is my first venture into the 3D art world. I look forward to picking up tips in this forum, and I recognize quite a few respected names (at least, I respect them) from the Xara X forums. This also the first of my work that I have posted anywhere, so hopefully I'll do it right. I'm posting 3 views of the same room, so maybe you can get an idea of how it was laid out. I welcome your questions, critiques and advice!

<font size="-2" face="Verdana" color="red">The more I learn, the more ignorant I feel.</font>

Here's another view (somebody please tell me if there's a better way to do this image posting thing!)

Name:	Room2small.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	3355  

View 3

Name:	Room3small.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	13089  

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

and keep going...

thought the tut scene is not mind blowing, you could add some dramatic tension to it: change the lens to 20 mm and place the camera on the floor! That will rock.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

toographic Welcome to the forum. You are off to a good start, keep it going and I am sure you will get help from the good people here. I know I have.

--Randy

Ditto on the welcome Gary [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I remember that scene well.I just love the animated remote control mov Maxon has in the tutorials manual.....very Pixar esque [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Its great seeing how well Cinema 4d is being picked up by people.The more sales they have guys the more sexy the upgrades get for us and the other users [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers

Stu.

I appreciate your replies.

Jens, I'll have to play with the cameras some more. We haven't done much manipulation with them yet, as this first session (two months, 3 nights a week, 2 hours on the computers each night) was just about modeling, and very basic lighting and such. I can already see where doing this can be quite habit forming!

Starting Monday we enter the animation phase, and as kiwi mentioned, we'll be doing the remote control thing. I'll be checking in here to pick your brains, I'm sure. I can't imagine trying to learn 3D without some kind of help!

As Randy mentioned, the help given in these forums (fora?) is unbelievable. You all make it easy for us learn from your experience, and in turn inspire us to help others.