Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

how can I share my xara x files with my friends who have corel draw 9 or 10 but no xara x?
    My files may be modified by them.

Any ideas?

Hi,

how can I share my xara x files with my friends who have corel draw 9 or 10 but no xara x?
    My files may be modified by them.

Any ideas?

Hello Quaker and welcome to the Xara Conference.

Export your images as CM6 CMX files. Not everything you can do in Xara will translate into CorelDRAW but most things should.

You can also export using Xara's EPS file format and have your friends import the file using DRAW's PostScript Interpreted import filter.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    Be it ever so humble...</a>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.jpg

Quaker

Being a long time user of Corel and a short time user of Xara X, I have come to the following general conclusion.

Simple vectors and fills can be shared using either CMX or CDR export from Xara X (the CDR is approximately version 5 when exported)

However a part of the power of Xara X amongst many others lies in its truly phenomenal and proprietary rendering engine.

Unless other software producers attempt to emulate what this rendering engine does (and don't expect that to happen anytime soon), then getting your stunning productions in Xara X to another package in vector format is a bit of a non starter.

The best bet although not very economical is to simply use Xara to render and save the file as a high resolution bitmap, it won't be editable but at least others will see things the way you do, just remember to tell them a vector illustration package created the bitmap or they won't believe you.

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt