Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello,

I am interested in doing some work with lenticular lenses to create 3d prints from 2d photos. I have seen some examples of this and it is really amazing how a photo or painting is given depth, but I wondered how it was achieved. I would assume you break the photo into layers in Photoshop based on the various elements you want near and far and create a sequence of frames that provide depth when the frames are interlaced and mounted to the lenticular lens.

Yet, some of these objects also look rounded and very true to their "real life" form, so that the effect looks very 3D. Is this a very involved process, or is there a program which can "round" a flat 2D photo layer so you can create an animation sequence of 20-30 frames that looks very much 3D when used with lenticular.

Thanks for the insight,

Chris

Hello,

I am interested in doing some work with lenticular lenses to create 3d prints from 2d photos. I have seen some examples of this and it is really amazing how a photo or painting is given depth, but I wondered how it was achieved. I would assume you break the photo into layers in Photoshop based on the various elements you want near and far and create a sequence of frames that provide depth when the frames are interlaced and mounted to the lenticular lens.

Yet, some of these objects also look rounded and very true to their "real life" form, so that the effect looks very 3D. Is this a very involved process, or is there a program which can "round" a flat 2D photo layer so you can create an animation sequence of 20-30 frames that looks very much 3D when used with lenticular.

Thanks for the insight,

Chris

Have a peek at http://www.orasee.com/home.html

Do a search, keyword (nimslo) for more info.