Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Borlip, you are funny! (Not that there's anything wrong with that. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

Sometimes in life the client gives you very little information to work with.

I like the way you detail your thought process and pose questions. Very Socratic.

The text can be altered.

When I look at your "Hooked on Booze" font, I think, now here's a firm I want to plan my next party!

I actually found this one for free...

~Dave!~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	con$ulting_firm.gif 
Views:	296 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	18316  
    ~Dave!~

so I choose fonts basically the same way.

I cant design or draw at all, even after years I even fail on most of Gary's tutorials (my fault, not his [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img])

In some regards looking with an uneducated eye might be helpful though. When I had to find a font for a logo, I simply sat there and looked at thousands of fonts. I just looked at them and tried to see if their message would correspond with mine.

The ones that did I checked if they would be ok for use in the daily works as well and if it is affordable.

In my case, only one font remained so it was easy in the end. Below you see my basically text logo.

juergen
    Attached Images Attached Images  

There are as many fonts as there are consulting companies. First you have to determine what the corporate personality of the consulting firm is: is the firm young and agressive? old and staid? innovative? cutting edge? high tech? low tech? hip? dorky? etc.

Once you have the coporate personality nailed down, then find the font that best fits that personality.

Asking what font would you use is like asking what color tie should I buy? First you have to know what kind of person I am before you can tell me what color and/or pattern tie is right for me.

In my advertising agency days, we would have creative sessions in which we would attempt to describe the product, service, or company we were creating a campaign for in as many different ways as we could that did not relate directly to the product, service, or company. For example, if X were a car, what kind of car would it be? If X were a flower, what kind of flower would it be. If X were a bird, an animal, a book, a movie, a dance step, a song, a city, etc. what kind of the following would it be.

Then we would look at the information and create a personality profile based on these perceptions.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    burl me to beehives</a>

I didn't realize this would be so thought provoking. Someone mentions ripped pages and everyone goes to town. (BTW, I loved all the designs. Egg's looks like a photo.)

I am thinking about this from the novice, I just started a consulting firm, I need a logo yesterday, I have no budget and no time perspective. I know this is offensive to professional logo designers, but this is how a ton of companies operate.

Maybe I should have given more detail in my original post.

... rgremill... my comment was stupid and inappropriate... I will try to do better...

Risto

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I just started a consulting firm, I need a logo yesterday, I have no budget and no time perspective. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is never time to do it right.

But, there is always time to do it over. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

burl me to beehives</a>

I tried to e-mail you twice and got errors. Shoot me an email if you get a chance, would you?

~Dave!~
    ~Dave!~

from the e-mail address.

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

burl me to beehives</a>

Risto, no problem.

I hope you didn't mistake my comments as being harsh. This whole thread was suppose to be a fun exercise in font selection for a logo.