Now you should know why.

:-(

I only say

Windows XP.

Now you should know why.

:-(

Hello znd

Can you tell us what you mean?

I have Xara X running under Windows XP and it runs very fast and very well.

Are you having problems?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

It doesn't correspond to my taste for freedom.

I understand you very well! I have worked a long time with OS/2 for the same reason. I recently installed Suze 7.2 PRO and I find it much easier to install than Win 2K. Suze Linux is a nice very stable and extremely fast system. I think an idea for Xara should be to collaborate with external groups for porting Xara X and other products to Linux. (The only problem could be possible economical retorsions..., but there is some changes in the air.)

Thus I don't hesitate to say to Xara: imaginate that Linux will be available soon for PlayStation2 and certainly also for HP/Intel 64 bits processors. Linux has already a relatively long experience of 64 bits. Imaginate the power of Xara X successors on 64 bits machines!

And sadly I will say "au revoir" to Xara if the next versions of Xara X don't work correctly on Win 2K.

That's my opinion.

Kindly
    ivan

Preserve your freedom, re-invent the Rose.

Win2000 has been a dream in comparison to Win98 and Win98SE (never used Win95 or below) I have played with Mandrake Linux and followed like a puppy through 4 releases, some were better than others. but there was always a problem with printing or sound or something. So I gave up. Now I am seeing that Linux (the community) has released a newer kernel and Mandrake is gearing up for a new release. I must admit to being more than a little curious. The New KDE desktop rocks in the screenshots and puts Windows in a new "low light" in what it can do in comparison.

My greatest fear IS wanting to use Linux more and more and not having progs like XaraX. I wish that Xara Ltd. would work, as Opera Browser does, in building code for Windows and Linux at the same time, there would be no "porting" it would be native instead and probably run very nicely on such a platform.

Time will tell. The new release will decide if Linux is worth looking at seriously by many software developers. I for one would like to see it happen. XP does not excite me either and too much "black politics" going on in the background for my taste. So I am with Windows 2000 for the forseeable future.

We shall see, said the blind man to the mute listener....and so it goes..........

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

If what I am hearing is correct, there are concerns regardging an invasion of privacy by Windows XP?

I read about this in PC Magazine a few months ago. However, most of those concerns have gone away. I was never asked to reveal anything or to sign up for Microsoft Passport when I first stated my new computer.

DELL installed all the software so they might have blocked or refused these unwelcome invasions of privacy, but is was not a problem for me.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Hollywood changes to Linux.
    So i beleive there will be something like Photoshop in the near future.
    So why not XaraX as the first Vektorprog?

German:

http://www.ix.de/newsticker/result.x...-31.01.02-003/

waiting with hope.
    rs

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary W. Priester:
    If what I am hearing is correct, there are concerns regardging an invasion of privacy by Windows XP?

I read about this in PC Magazine a few months ago. However, most of those concerns have gone away. I was never asked to reveal anything or to sign up for Microsoft Passport when I first stated my new computer.

DELL installed all the software so they might have blocked or refused these unwelcome invasions of privacy, but is was not a problem for me.

Gary

_Gary Priester_

Moderator Person

http://www.gwpriester.com </a>

http://www.xaraxone.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it is a preinstalled OEM copy, there is no authorization required, only retail versions. Or so I am lead to believe.

There is a new player, "Lindows", getting ready to release a new product. Their website is www.lindows.com Of course Microdsoft is suing them so who knows what will happen.
    Just my $.02

Ich bin ein New Yorker
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

Wizaerd Guest

I've been using Linux off and on for about 3 years, and it's one h*ll of an OS... I enjoy tinkering around with it. And there are vector programs available for Linux. Albeit, none as powerful or feature laden as XaraX, but they are out there.

If a port is attempted, my only hope is that it's a native port, and not a WINE port. Deneba tried porting their Canvas product over, but instead of trying to do it natively, they used WINE, and it failed miserably.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I recently installed Suze 7.2 PRO and I find it much easier to install than Win 2K. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you explain me that statement, because with all the negativity around MS products, I can hardly say that Winddows 2000 is difficult to install. As soon as the setup GUI appears there are only a handful clicks and that's it.
    In my personal opinion as a networkmanager with 15 years experience, I can definately say that Win2k is one of the easiest operating system to install and I've worked with a lot of other competing products, like OS/2, Mac, Linux Mandrake, Suse, Redhat etc.