Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Something isn't quite right with this image

Hi All,
    I haven't been here for a while.
    I am working on images for the hero image of a website for a security company. I have take 2 of their images, one of the Guard on a building site and the other of a personal alarm.
    My intention is to highlight the personal alarm as it is a service that may be offered to the company's clients. So I extracted the personal alarm from another photo, added a yellow border and also fill with transparency. But I really don't feel the image works. Is the background image of the yard just too bright, should it have a semi-transparent gradient overlay? Oh I don't know. Any suggestions would be very welcome please. I will be saving as a WebP for the site but have to do that online I guess. I am using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 17.1.0.60742 DL x64 Dec 10 2020.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AndyD; 22 April 2024 at 01:53 PM. Reason: To subscribe to replies

Default Re: Something isn't quite right with this image

There is too much yellow in the picture. Do you have a different photo with the personal alarm that does not have the yellow coat?

Ray

Hi Ray,
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately not. I had actually thought of asking the client if he could simply send a photo of the device on a neutral background then I could add it to the right hand corner. I have tried making the background photo b&w too... then again I may simply need a totally different background photo or none at all and just a photo of the device in the hero image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	personal-alarm-worn-by-security-bw.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	134845   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	personal-alarm-worn-by-security-alarm-nofill.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	237.0 KB 
ID:	134846  

The more I look at it, the more I don't like the background photo to be honest.

Lightbulb Re: Something isn't quite right with this image

Andy, I desaturated the jacket yellow and searched for a SureSafe image on-line.

I'm sure you could do better with the supplier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GO.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	134847

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I agree with what has been said in as much as the yellow is overpowering and the alarm in the picture is just not crisp and clear enough; not sure you can do a lot about that with the image you have, so another image would be my suggestion too
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I think you'd be better off binning that photo and asking for a decent one where the product is visible. There's too much contrast between black and yellow, too much yellow, and the product hardly features.

Maybe use these photos as examples of what you'd need to be useful. You could always replace the background if there's nothing useful in what you get

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LQL-alert-and-response-1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	258.7 KB 
ID:	134848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step1-Lifeline24.jpg.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	742.3 KB 
ID:	134849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Senior+Gentleman+wearing+Smartfall+Blue+Fall+Detector+Pendant.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	134850

Hi Andy, late on watch here. I think with the alarm being coloured it washes it out completely so I've had a go at creating an animated gif of one which I've placed it centre on the page (The orange kneck ties need altering, the yellow colour distracts). Also I initially missed the point that these security fobs were being used in an industrial setting as Daniel seemed to think they are usually used in isolated elderly/infirm folks, so to get around this limitation I've surrounded the fob with photo's trying to stress the many uses.

DEMO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I do like Egg's demo for the alarm. I think this is something that Andy could build off of.

Ray

Thanks for that Ray.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host