Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Default Font

Default Default Font

I recently made several changes to my default template. One which didn't work was an attempt to change the default type face. About 75% of the time I use Times New Roman 20pt so it would save a few steps to set that as the default. I tried making this change a while ago and it didn't work. Now, I tried again, opened a new document, changed the font and saved as a template replacing my old default template and, just to be sure, checking the "use as default template" box, HOWEVER, the change still doesn't work. If I close the program (after saving the new template), restart it and open a new document, my preferred font still doesn't work as a default. Is text handled differently than other items and is this what causes my template change to not work?

Default Re: Default Font

not all changes can be saved in a default template

you may have better luck using a default style - but I don't use these, but if they do I'm sure another member will help out...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Info Re: Default Font

Quote Originally Posted by charliescoffee View Post
    I recently made several changes to my default template. One which didn't work was an attempt to change the default type face. About 75% of the time I use Times New Roman 20pt so it would save a few steps to set that as the default. I tried making this change a while ago and it didn't work. Now, I tried again, opened a new document, changed the font and saved as a template replacing my old default template and, just to be sure, checking the "use as default template" box, HOWEVER, the change still doesn't work. If I close the program (after saving the new template), restart it and open a new document, my preferred font still doesn't work as a default. Is text handled differently than other items and is this what causes my template change to not work?
    Charlie, these steps seem to work for me:

• Open a new document with the template or document where you wish to change the font.
    • On the page create a text block.
    • with the Text tool, use Insert Lorem Ipsum Text (Shift+Ctrl+L) to insert some random text or just type something.
    • Select all of the text and change the font style to 'Normal text'.
    • Keep all the text selected and change the Font and Size to your requirement.
    • Keep all the text selected and in the Style drop-down pick, Update 'Normal text' to match.
    • Create another text area, input some text and check the font and size are correct as for your new 'Normal text'.
    • Delete all spurious objects.
    • Save Template to a new filename, remembering to tick Use as default template.

Do not just follow https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara..._template.html as Xara will at some time probably update its supplied Templates overwriting yours.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat