Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Pinboard

Default Pinboard

I'd like to add a page to a website that shows events in a pinboard style. Prefere if there's a free widget as using Tockify costs. Anyone know of a widget that may do the trick. Would like to be able to update the events without having to re publish the site everything an event comes and goes.
    Suggestions much appreciated
    Steve

Default Re: Pinboard

I have never used a Pinboard app so I have no idea how they work. I did a search for Pinboard App (always a good place to start): https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=Pin...=v357-1&ia=web

Depending on the app it might be possible to publish the Pinboard app separately and link to it from your website. If the Pinboard has an option you can link back to your website from the app.

Steve, I'm sure you could hook into Google Calendar but getting a Pinboard presentation is not possible.

The cleanest Xara way is to create you own Pins in a separate design.
    Put Pins in a grid.
    If you are using Categories and Months then clone each Pin into every page of a matching Category or Month.
    The Pin design would be Image, Date + (Month Link), Title, Description and Category Links.

All manual but the publish is targeted and in you main website you use an IFRAME to view the Pins' subsite.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for suggestions I've gone down the track of a smart photo panel. It does the trick in how I want it look but just means regular editing and relishing.
    https://wallaseyaps.co.uk/events.htm

Steve