Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Repeating Website Top Banner, text is grey

Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum, so be gentle!

I'm designing my first XARA Designer Pro+ site, based on a Real Estate responsive layout.

I've set the top of page "banner" area with the Company Name, logo, tagline, contact and I'm using the horizontal menu based on the other pages in the site (I'm up to 8 now).

The "banner" is repeating so I don't need to change it on every page when I make changes.

On some of the sub-pages the element blocks went mental and messed up my "banner" across all the pages.

The main Company Name and tagline text is marked as a dark blue, and I can see that in the properties, but it APPEARS and RENDERS as light grey, as though it is misconfigured somehow?

Without posting the entire site or the XAR file, could someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?

In Designer Pro+ at the bottom of that "banner" there is a horizontal line, (NavbarBackground, Line; in the Page & Layer gallery) that looks great in the designer, but NEVER appears in a browser preview nor in a published (exported to HTML) page!

Any ideas on why that would be the case? I'd love to see that in the finished published pages. I've even trolled through the Edge (F12) designer view and it is not there in the code!

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
    Flipside from Australia

PS: The WYSIWYG editing is not behaving well either... I've dropped a web block onto a page and it has made itself MASSIVE, and I can't override the XY or WH or adjust by dragging the bottom and right edges...
    Last edited by Flipside; 22 March 2024 at 04:46 AM.

Default Re: Repeating Website Top Banner, text is grey

Quote Originally Posted by Flipside View Post
    Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum, so be gentle!

I'm designing my first XARA Designer Pro+ site, based on a Real Estate responsive layout.

I've set the top of page "banner" area with the Company Name, logo, tagline, contact and I'm using the horizontal menu based on the other pages in the site (I'm up to 8 now).

The "banner" is repeating so I don't need to change it on every page when I make changes.

On some of the sub-pages the element blocks went mental and messed up my "banner" across all the pages.

The main Company Name and tagline text is marked as a dark blue, and I can see that in the properties, but it APPEARS and RENDERS as light grey, as though it is misconfigured somehow?

Without posting the entire site or the XAR file, could someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?

In Designer Pro+ at the bottom of that "banner" there is a horizontal line, (NavbarBackground, Line; in the Page & Layer gallery) that looks great in the designer, but NEVER appears in a browser preview nor in a published (exported to HTML) page!

Any ideas on why that would be the case? I'd love to see that in the finished published pages. I've even trolled through the Edge (F12) designer view and it is not there in the code!

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
    Flipside from Australia

PS: The WYSIWYG editing is not behaving well either... I've dropped a web block onto a page and it has made itself MASSIVE, and I can't override the XY or WH or adjust by dragging the bottom and right edges...

Xara would like to understand your situation further. Please contact us with the chat at www.xara.com or the form at www.xara.com/contact-us

Default Re: Repeating Website Top Banner, text is grey

Welcome to TG Flipside. This sounds mainly due to cacheing issues. First things first. Run Xara Designer as Admininistrator. You only need to do this once. Secondly when viewing in preview ensure you hit CTRL + F5 to force a clean reload i.e. not reloading from your computers cache. If you're still having problems get back to us.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host