Quote Originally Posted by bobvoi View Post
I have now found out why the cache-busting suffix (such as "?5580") on js, css and woff urls don't work for me.

The explanation is related to my web server, which is HCL Domino. It expect the first parameter to be an "action" such as OpenDocument, OpenView, OpenAgent etc (interested persons can see more here) on Domino-related resources such as views, documents and agents. Urls to other resources shouldn't have any parameters.

In other words, the cache-busting technique, most probably only is used on resources that previously haven't had these suffixes, such as js, css, woff and other typical resource-files. The more I read about cache-busting, I see that people recommend all sorts of suffixes, such as ...somesheet.css?version=1.0, or ...somesheet.css?whatever. The concept is that the web server or proxy doesn't get a chance to cache the url between publishing sessions.

So, I hope Xara can publish more information about what url types (or file types) they suffix cache-busting numbers to, or even better, implement some way of telling a web-project that this particular project shouldn't emit cache-busting numbers at all. This can of course be via the UI, or by having a special HTMLHEAD-variable present in the page.

I will probably pursure the challenge myself as I have a preprocessor between Xara and Domino which I have made myself. This can be extended to strip away the cache-busting suffix (The function will probably be named BustTheCacheBust() :-). It would anyway be useful to know precicely which file types Xara emit cache-busts too.

Thanks for chiming in Acorn and Egg. I love the commitment in this group! I was pretty wild looking yesterday!

Attachment 134743
Bob, rather than post-process, you could try adding the following type of detail into the Website Head:
Code:
<link rel="preload" href="index_html_files/xr_fonts.css" as="style" onload="this.onload = null; this.rel = 'stylesheet'"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="index_html_files/xr_main.css"/>
<link rel="preload" href="index_html_files/xr_text.css" as="style" onload="this.onload = null; this.rel = 'stylesheet'"/>
<script src="index_html_files/roe.js"></script>
In my case, I get both plain and query files loaded so it does work.

Acorn

For Background: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Xara-Resources