Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Emitted HTML from XTP 23.7 suffix "?5580" to URLs

Hi,

My XTP version is Xara Designer Pro+ 23.7.0.68699 SL x64 Feb 21 2024.

When exporting a website of mine as HTML files to disk, I notice a strange behaviour as lots of emitted URLs has a ?5580-suffix to them, see the image below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Designer Pro - Emitted 5580 suffix to many URLs.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	134742

This of course leads to all sorts of trouble when the page tries to load, such as
    "Refused to apply style from 'https://blaba/index_htm_files/xr_fonts.css?5580' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled."

Does anybody know what is going on? Where does "5580" come from? Is there a known remedy for this behaviour?

Best regards Bob

Default Re: Emitted HTML from XTP 23.7 suffix "?5580" to URLs

Quote Originally Posted by bobvoi View Post
    Hi,
    My XTP version is Xara Designer Pro+ 23.7.0.68699 SL x64 Feb 21 2024.
    When exporting a website of mine as HTML files to disk, I notice a strange behaviour as lots of emitted URLs has a ?5580-suffix to them, see the image below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Designer Pro - Emitted 5580 suffix to many URLs.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	134742
    This of course leads to all sorts of trouble when the page tries to load, such as "Refused to apply style from 'https://blaba/index_htm_files/xr_fonts.css?5580' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled."

Does anybody know what is going on? Where does "5580" come from? Is there a known remedy for this behaviour?
    Best regards Bob
    Bob, the query-number (?5580) does not affect the CSS MIME type.
    For instance, <link rel="stylesheet" href="index_html_files/xr_main.css?5580"> is legitimate. It does not include type="text/css", but I don't think that is the problem

It is more likely that fonts.css is missing altogether If you run https://blaba/index_htm_files/xr_fonts.css?5580 directly, do you get a 404 error?
    If so, you have probably not uploaded part of the index_htm_files/ folder assets.

Why it is reporting type="text/html" is strange.

Without the actual URL to the site, I cannot help further.

The purpose of the query-number addition it to overcome the problems with frequently republishing as the time delay in getting the server to promulgate updates make the website appear funny for hours.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Just digged a little further and found out that this seems to be a "cache-busting" technique ... somehow ...

Quote Originally Posted by bobvoi View Post
    Just digged a little further and found out that this seems to be a "cache-busting" technique ... somehow ...
    That was my last sentence.

So we cross-posted.

It works as the browser sees it as a different file so it has never been cached.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thans for the prompt answer Acorn!

The file do exist, and if I ask for https://blaba/index_htm_files/xr_fonts.css I do get the css file in return. My backend-server is Domino so it might very well be that the problem lies there.

Hi Bob, I get a 'This site can’t be reached' from the link above. Is https://blaba suposed to have a .com or a co.uk or similar appendage to the url?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Bob, I get a 'This site can’t be reached' from the link above. Is https://blaba suposed to have a .com or a co.uk or similar appendage to the url?
    Egg, I took it to be just made up to not reveal the actual site URL.

Acorn

Hi Egg. Acorn is right, I just hid the domain name a little. The important part was the cache-busting suffix "?5580"