Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Time Limit for Editing Posts.

As I understand it there is a time limit for editing a post. I posted in another thread and I realized later there was something I
    needed to add and I wanted to edit the post but there was no longer the option to edit. What is the time limit? I don't want to
    have to constantly reply to a post I've made to add something or correct myself because that could be seen as bumping the thread
    or spamming the thread and I don't want to get reprimanded for that.

Default Re: Time Limit for Editing Posts.

Not sure but probably 20-30 minutes

I'd say from experience at least 1 hour, maybe two;

unless it's been changed recently; it may vary between forums I can't remember...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Not sure but probably 20-30 minutes
    Apologies, I thought I put it in my OP, is there a reason for the time limit?

yes - for a start it ecourages posters to 'get it right first time'; secondly if a thread is referenced elsewhere, and then gets changed, it can cause a lot of confusion; there are probably other reasons too

and my previous post is still editable 1hour and two minutes later
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    yes - for a start it ecourages posters to 'get it right first time'; secondly if a thread is referenced elsewhere, and then gets changed, it can cause a lot of confusion; there are probably other reasons too

and my previous post is still editable 1hour and two minutes later
    Oh okay, much appreciated! I was simply curious.

furthermore, for much the same reason, you cannot delete a post or a thread that you created - you may see posts that just have a dot/dots in, where the poster has edited out the content but has to put in something as you cannot have a blank post

if you really do need to have a post or thread edited/deleted, a mod will do this for you, but it must be for a reason that they consider justifies altering the record
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    furthermore, for much the same reason, you cannot delete a post or a thread that you created - you may see posts that just have a dot/dots in, where the poster has edited out the content but has to put in something as you cannot have a blank post

if you really do need to have a post or thread edited/deleted, a mod will do this for you, but it must be for a reason that they consider justifies altering the record
    Okay, that makes sense. I did that in another thread actually. Rather than individually reply to everyone I copied my replies with the quotes and put them all in one to not spam the thread.
    I reported my individual replies to have them removed. And having to put something so the post isn't blank makes sense.