Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Can I take a photograph and make it a cartoon image?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this because it is off topic but I also have a question about Xara itself.
    I've paid for an online inexpensive graphics service and the first image didn't really turn out right and the second one made me look like an old man.
    The person I'm working with seems to be having a hard time making the image look even similar to me. Now, I don't mean to be rude, but because
    the person is in a different country I can understand the difficulty with the language barrier but I'm more or less wondering if there is a way to do this
    in Xara. I can provide the graphics that I have now but they are going to have a watermark from the individual from the website I going through.
    It all boils down to the fact that it looks like they took my chin and forehead and stretched it and took my cheeks and squeezed them in. I've provided
    a cropped version of the image and can provide the full image if need be.

I didn't add the actual photos I took but if they're needed I'd be happy to provide them. Thanks in advance for any input or advice/answers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo to Avatar compare v2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	134659

Default Re: Can I take a photograph and make it a cartoon image?

There are several online AI sites that could do the job for you. Most will have a watermark, but that should be (reasonably) easy to remove in Xara.

I also have a couple of software apps that will cartoon a photo, and I'd be happy enough to have a go.

lots of caricature programs out there; the trick is to define what you actually want done, in terms the program can understand

fun to play with...

xara is not the app, you'd be digging a field with a teaspoon
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you'd be digging a field with a teaspoon
    I'm stealing that.

you are welcome brother, may it serve you well
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    There are several online AI sites that could do the job for you. Most will have a watermark, but that should be (reasonably) easy to remove in Xara.

I also have a couple of software apps that will cartoon a photo, and I'd be happy enough to have a go.
    I dont mind if you want to try it, as a matter of fact, I'd be willing to pay a fee if need be. As far as the AI sites I wouldn't know where to start.
    I've taken several pictures and I already have watermarked images that I basically turned down and asked for revisions but there is a language barrier.
    I can provide the avatars and the banner just to give an idea of where the whole design is going.

lots of caricature programs out there; the trick is to define what you actually want done, in terms the program can understand

fun to play with...

xara is not the app, you'd be digging a field with a teaspoon
    I just figured there was no harm in asking because, according to my father programs like adobe have plugins you can use for, as he puts it, cartoonisizing images.
    And for the caricature programs, I have no clue where to even begin with that, but it sounds like it could be fun to mess around with.
    And I love that saying and will be integrating it into my dictionary!

Go to >>> index (auzlink.net.au) <<< click Contact and send me your email address. We'll have a play and see what can be done.

xara has the ability to add plugins, but it is a much neglected area of the program, and the majority of [modern] photoshop plugins do not work in my experience

And I love that saying
    animation often feels that way; I dare say Chris would say website building for clients too, but I don't do that

cartooning is fun, but can still be very fiddly/repetitive to get right
    Nothing lasts forever...

Talking Re: Can I take a photograph and make it a cartoon image?

xara has the ability to add plugins, but it is a much neglected area of the program, and the majority of [modern] photoshop plugins do not work in my experience

animation often feels that way; I dare say Chris would say website building for clients too, but I don't do that

cartooning is fun, but can still be very fiddly/repetitive to get right
    I can relate just by what I learned to do with Davinci Resolve. It's just as fiddly and repetitive to get something to look and sound just right but to be honest, I actually kind of enjoy it.

This is just some of the stuff I was working on as temporary images. I had every intention of changing them but making a banner for what I needed it for,
    it's a bit of a hassle and I was having nothing but issues so I put it on the back burner and never got back to it, I also got caught up with editing videos for
    my dear ole dad and myself.
    I know it's far from great and it's quite plain but all I needed was a placeholder until I could make a better one or get a better one somehow.
    Should I wait for an email or include the images that I have watermarked here?

Controller Image.xar
    Banner WIP.xar

Not sure if it's needed or I should put it here but I've also provided the HEX Codes I asked to have used but it sorta got lost in translation.
    HEX 3e8484 seafoam green/dark teal
    027763 seafoam Green
    8f7e40 gold
    bc8e54 bronze
    490303 maroon/brick red