Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara-Magix lost functions

I'm a long time (25+ years) but occasional user of Photo & Graphic Designer (PGD). I just discovered that Xara and Magix are no longer connected when I found that the "insert" menu items mostly direct me to the Magix "choose country" followed by "Xara discontinued" pages. Can anyone tell me where are the proper links? Or is this functionality simply removed?

I currently have PGD V19.01 (Feb 7 2023) and get almost daily emails from "Ana from Xara" urging me to upgrade to plus products, which I have no need for, but not a hint that the basic programme and entire marketing/support structure had been changed.

Not happy!!
    Steve

Default Re: Xara-Magix lost functions

Steve, it really was explained to you the last time you raised a Post: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...date-confusion.

The big change came in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ARA-Experience, a fe months after you bought into v19.
    I assume that your Update Service has expired. If not, be sure to use Download All in the Local Designs gallery before expiry.

The switch away from Magix has been far better but Xara chose to follow a subscription model.
    This upset enough people that there is an 'improved' v20 that is a use-forever licence that does not disconnect from on-line assets as it has none.
    You have a nearly full OCC equivalent that is not upgraded or disconnected.
    The downside is Xara has not explained how bug release or any will ensure.

You therefore have a choice of sticking with what you have, subscribing £7/m for P&GD+ or buying Xara Designer Pro Perpetual v20 (https://www.xara.com/designerpro/v20/) for £180 up to 01 March.

Acorn.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    sticking with what you have, subscribing £7/m for P&GD+ or buying Xara Designer Pro Perpetual v20 (https://www.xara.com/designerpro/v20/) for £180 up to 01 March.
    Acorn, thanks for the direct link. I think I'll delve into this offer just to give Xara one last chance.

The core engine is still blazing fast compared with Inkscape, Illustrator or Affinity. The fluidity to work on bitmaps, vectors and possibilities to export to PDF and complete websites exactly suits my needs.

I'll manage to adapt to the "improved interface" (but if possible most probably will revert to ctrl+alt+shft+ S...)

Hoping that this submission of €179,40 will buy me some power to influence the development of the program to a true vector oriented design package.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Acorn, thanks for the direct link. I think I'll delve into this offer just to give Xara one last chance.
    The core engine is still blazing fast compared with Inkscape, Illustrator or Affinity. The fluidity to work on bitmaps, vectors and possibilities to export to PDF and complete websites exactly suits my needs.
    I'll manage to adapt to the "improved interface" (but if possible most probably will revert to ctrl+alt+shft+ S...)
    Hoping that this submission of €179,40 will buy me some power to influence the development of the program to a true vector oriented design package.
    The improved UI is worth working with but can be frustrating if you are a hunt 'n' peck type. I mix Key Shortcuts with mouse work to keep it focused on the canvas as much as possible.

The inclusion of SVG rendering for lines and objects is very helpful, keeping more thing vector.

As to "influence", don't hold your breath.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat