Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Unable to edit Mouse Over Items in Web Block

I am using Web Designer Pro+ 24 to create a new website from scratch. I actually like the Web Blocks and have been able to edit them effectively to work in both the desktop and mobile versions. However, I used a Features & Lists Web Block which has buttons with Mouse Over effects already applied. The buttons show up in the Layer Gallery as an embedded group, and both the Mouse Off and Mouse Over images are included in that group. The Mouse Over images are hidden but not locked, and I am not able to make them visible so I can edit the Mouse Over button color. When I click on the eye icon to toggle visibility, nothing happens. The eye icon stays red and the Mouse Over images stay hidden. Is there some other setting I need to change to allow these Mouse Over images to be edited?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WebBlocksHiddenImage.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	134898

Exclamation Re: Unable to edit Mouse Over Items in Web Block

Spiffy, the buttons in the Features and Lists WBs do not have buttons that use the MouseOver layer.

Instead, Xara, in version 22.0, invented another button type:
    Web Export - Buttons
    All buttons under Components > Buttons in the Online Content Catalog have been updated. These are now SmartShape buttons. The entire button, including mouse-over state, reside on a single layer instead of parts of the button being on the MouseOver layer as with previous buttons. This makes it easier to use buttons in multi-layer designs. It’s also easier to change their widths and to resize them.
    Basically, all fluff and nonsense.

What you have is a "Visibility" toggle bottom-left corner of the button.
    Click this and you see the different colours.
    Drop a colour from the Colour bar onto either and both change, one a shade of the other.

Xara never explained their construction.

What you actually have to do:

Quick and Dirty
    Click-select and change the colour that is showing.
    Click elsewhere.
    Click the Visibility icon.
    Change this visible colour.
    Click elsewhere.

More Sedate
    Locate the button in the Page & Layer gallery.
    This is a nested Group.
    Expand all until you can see:
    • Button type
      • MouseOver
        • Text Area
        • Shape

• MouseOff
        • Text Area
        • Shape

​Change the colour of each Shape separately.

My early findings: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...a-Plus-Buttons
    I have not noticed if the Bugs I reported in July 22 have been all rectified.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat