Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Designer pro v20

Upgraded ? to v20 after much deliberation and trawling here. The NEW? version seems to have been stripped back to the bare bones. Any attempts to load what smart tables still left from v19 are immediately "upgraded to the new version. One of the most useful table was the one which had pictures embedded ( use for block navigation click picture to go)

Over and above where have all the old smart arrows, smart tables, smart shapes etc disappeared to or do I have to download them from some unknown place which is a secret? Bad enough losing online catalogue access.
    Does anyone know how to insert or embedded picture into the new wonderful tables please rather than just having them hover over a square or the table

Cheers Ken

Default Re: Designer pro v20

Ken, I don't have v20 Perpetual or Magix v20. I did get a copy of v19 (Perpetual) and I shall assume the content is similar to v20 (P).

The first thing to do is locate your v20 (P) content.
    It should be in C:\Program Files\Xara\[Xara Product]\clipart\ENG\components\layoutcomponents\tables_18 _0\.

Mine shows as:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-27 162642.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	134477
    I hope you have similar.

If so, which one is it you have? Is it missing? Or, does it misbehave?

When opening, it is possible you are actually use a pre-v19 version and Xara is trying to make it work to the new standard Table Tool.

Do you not see all the 'missing' content in your Designs gallery?
    I don't know if Xara offers any search mechaism for v20 (P) content but some is in the firstlook, components and websites where the items may be customised.

Copy an image that is on the page.
    In a table pick the text in the cell with the Text tool and paste.
    The graphic is now embedded and moves with the Row, Column and Text.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have v20 Perpetual installed, but I am not using it much

there is a fair amount of asset included with the installer; what I see for layoutcomponents is this:

Name:	2024-01-27 17_52_02-C__Program Files_Xara_Xara Designer Pro 20_ClipArt_ENG_components_layoutcomp.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	134481

and you should find tables in the design gallery here:

Name:	2024-01-27 17_51_32-Xara Designer Pro - [Untitled1].jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	134479

clicking on the Disk designs... button at the top of the gallery should take you directly to the clipart folder
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yesterday, Jan 30, I received an email ad for Designer Pro v20.
    "Save $179 on Designer Pro v20 Get 60% Off and own it forever"
    "Just released! A perpetual version that you can own forever, catering to all our design needs: website, print graphics, illustrations, photo retouching , art and more."
    "For only $120, one payment. Exclusive January offer."
    It is tempting for us "old guys" just doodling now and then.

Does anyone know if any of the old "XaReg programs will work with this new version. While the new selection handles and bounds are clearly visible, when I select a fill, mold or other effects the bounds and handles are almost microscopic. Would like an easy way to change these.

Thanks,
    sunland

Info Re: Designer pro v20

sunland, I don't have v20 Perpetual but XaReg25.exe finds all my Registry Entries for my installed XDAs, which includes v19 Perpetual:

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-31 121831.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	134494

Are you using a 4k monitor? Others may advise how best to set Windows to better viewing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I can confirm that XaReg25 will adjust the handles for v20 perpetual - I have no reason to believe it works any different to how it does with other XDAs
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for the replies.
    The latest I find on my computer is XaReg24. Where can I download 25.
    Sunland

Acorn, thank you.
    sunland

Default Re: Designer pro v20 - Welcome Screen will not go away

Some kind of anomaly is occurring with my new version 20. There is a welcome screen that pops up over the Xara workspace when you start the program. I can dismiss the window with the close window X in the upper right hand corner. but apparently the window does not have the expected "Do not show this again" option. Hence the next time you open Xara it pops up again.

Does anyone have a solution, like a registry entry or something else.

I am attaching a screenshot.

Thanks much,

sunland
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraWelcomeScreen2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	134536