Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hi, Guys! It's been awhile!

Hello, gang, long time no see. I hope everyone's doing well. Just wanted to post a couple of new t-shirt designs and get some feedback. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DRAGON MOM FINAL TWITTER.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	481.9 KB 
ID:	134388

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DRAGON DAD TWITTER.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	534.7 KB 
ID:	134389

Default Re: Hi, Guys! It's been awhile!

Well there are a few of us still around. I would not wear one of these but I am not your market. They're cute and I am sure will appeal to those who have a closet full of cute t-shirts..

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Well there are a few of us still around. I would not wear one of these but I am not your market. They're cute and I am sure will appeal to those who have a closet full of cute t-shirts..
    Thanks for your reply, GW. Two questions, if I may:

Do you find the text hard to read?

What kind of T-Shirts do you like?

I like it.
    Like GWP, I don't think I'd wear it, but there's a lot of market our there among the younger generation.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I like the design.

Because you asked for comments I will give you mine, for whats it is worth, which is not much.

I can read the text fine.

It looks like on the mom one you are going for more of a Chinese dragon style. Other than the egg I don't get the feeling of what makes you think of hot mom. I don't have any idea on what to improve on, it's is just my impression.

For the dad one I think you need some fire being shot out of the mouth of the dragon. On the second line I don't like "even badder" I think it should be just be "badder" remove the word "even".

For the record your dragons look real good. Do you think they will screen print good with the lighter green design on the dragon's bodies?

Ray

I agree about 'even badder' - it's clumsy - perhaps just say 'bad' but maybe stretch it out say, as in b..a..a...a..d emphasiszing by increasing the font size per letter, or using cartoon sparkles maybe, again, just a thought...

and egg certainly does not say hot to me, it says motherhood in the sense of family, and though those are not exclusive is that really what you wanted to say ?

text reads fine
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I would leave the bylines out -- the titles and designs tell it all -- and, instead of an egg, put a baby/little dragon, similar to the one in the other design, next to the mother dragon