Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Location of Default Templates Folder XDP 19

I had a malfunction of my C: drive where all my settings, docs, templates etc. were erased. Fortunately, I have backups but I'm not sure in which folder I should place the default templates so that XDP 19 can access them when I want to open a new template. I tried C:\Users\local_admin\AppData\Local\Xara Designer Pro X19\cache\QtWebEngine\Default\Cache but that didn't work. Could someone tell me the correct path?

Default Re: Location of Default Templates Folder XDP 19

Let's assume your Windows username is Boy, your path will be C:\Users\Boy\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\19\Cache .

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quick and clear as usual. Thanks, Acorn.

I placed an empty file, A4 Portrait.xar, in said folder but the app still tells me it cannot find it. So, I opened the file by double-clicking it and saved it as a template. The app suggested saving it here: C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\19\Templates\ENG. Now when I click File/New, it lists and opens the file. I also placed other template files and they now show. I guess the cache folder is only for the Local Designs Gallery.

templates that you open as new files go into the templates folder( \ENG assuming you are using english), that is where the program looks for these as you have discovered

cache folder is for asset, that is OCC downloads [elements in version 20 onwards]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

a way of looking at is that templates, even custom ones, are part of the program and so go into the program folder structure

OCC asset on the other hand is not, it is extra to the program, and so it goes outside of the program folder and into the user file structure for application data [AppData]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Quick and clear as usual. Thanks, Acorn.

I placed an empty file, A4 Portrait.xar, in said folder but the app still tells me it cannot find it. So, I opened the file by double-clicking it and saved it as a template. The app suggested saving it here: C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\19\Templates\ENG. Now when I click File/New, it lists and opens the file. I also placed other template files and they now show. I guess the cache folder is only for the Local Designs Gallery.
    Boy, my mistake. the Default Templates for v19 are in the folder where you find C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\19\Templates\ENG\Templates.xml. This file allows you to alter the order and the display name. You can alter the default path in MS Registry: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePro Sub x64\19\Options\Templates. The default is stored in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePro Sub x64\19\Options\NewTemplates.

You are right as was @handrawn; I was thinking of the OCC.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the confirmation, Acorn.

The Templates.xml file was also gone and was not regenerated upon restarting XPD, so I cannot alter the order or display names but I'm fine with that. It must be one of the installation files and I might reinstall the program at a later date when I have the time and patience to reconstruct all my custom settings....