Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Spacing always unpredictable

I have placed a number of embedded facebook posts on my clients site. Everytime I try to test the spacing, it is off and different on chrome desktop and that of mobile desktop, same thing with the spacing in mobile version.
    I will include the link below, Right now it is fine because I went in and manually moved everyone to space them properly. The issue is vertical spacing. I am using v19 and do not think if this is a bug that xara will spend the time and effort to fix it.
    It seems every issue with xara has a way around it by doing it differently therefore eliminating the actual cause and problem that originated it.

https://www.clearsoundhearing.ca/articles.htm

Default Re: Spacing always unpredictable

@behzad, no one will look at something you have 'fixed' without the offending arrangement being around for assessment.
    How can one tell what is FB, Xara or you?

Any chance you can provide a specimen embedded FB post for Main & Variant in a separate design file?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

test.xarI made a test page. I have posted it here. Just move around a few articles and see how the spacing is inconsistent when viewed compared to that which is uploaded to the server.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    test.xarI made a test page. I have posted it here. Just move around a few articles and see how the spacing is inconsistent when viewed compared to that which is uploaded to the server.
    behzad, perhaps we look at things differently.

I see placeholder code that declares different heights with a set 500px width. You instead chose a rectangle 311.5 x 37.1px. to cover them all.

I set all Placeholders to 500px wide.
    I then ticked 'Re-generate placeholder image automatically' with 'Resize automatically' and gained the true height of each Post.
    I finally set Push to be On so each Post had 10px of a gap when re-arranged.

As I don't use FB, I would probably never embed lots of single Posts but create a custom FB page and embed all of that. I've never tried though.
    You way downloads 16MB of data taking over 6 seconds in my environment. I would be hacked off for a smart phone download of longer duration eating into my data llimit. Your test page also reports errors and warning copiously in the Developer Tools console.
    At a minimum I would include loading="lazy" in the IFRAME; FB might require data-lazy="true" instead.

So FB is declaring approximate heights.
    If you set the Placeholder widths to 500px, you then give Xara the chance to accurately scope the height. The icing is making each Post scared of any other by using Push.

My view is there's nothing wrong with the Xara approach.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I appreciate your input, will try fixing it. Thanks again Acorn. You can delete my attachment if you wish.