Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Upgrade Xara pro19 to Xara Pro v20 (Perpetual)

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    My original "behind by about two years"
    that was you... somehow I thought it was xara's estimate... sorry

1. The upgrade period.
    2. When Bugs will be remedied.
    3. Whether Perpetual will only ever be one product unlike Plus variant.

Acorn
    +1

specifically bug fixes
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@ jono

pretty sure 'legacy' is magix

XDA20 perpetual is not legacy
    Nothing lasts forever...

One of the things that really bothers me is that Xara is charging a price that was comparable to the upgrade price in the past but the program is 2 versions old. There is no way I can justify paying for this when it is this far out of date.

It is one of the reason Affinity is a better option if you are not doing web sites.

Ray

Only the price is terribly high, I already bought XARA several times, 10, 11, 15, 18 I sent XARA enough money and now I have to buy again for 120 euro almost the same version (20) that I have (19) and that's without Online catalog and no updates. Now there is an error and if there are no updates, the error will probably remain there. It's a shame. I don't make a living from the web, I work for the non-profit sector, so XARA will no longer receive money from me.

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;

Start looking around for a product that fits in this niche and you'll waste more time, money and effort than just shelling out for the perpetual version. I was back on 19 and hadn't upgraded for the past two years. I love Xara but the lack of new features each year were hard to justify an annual upgrade and it served my purposes just fine. There are plenty of resources available that made the catalog something I didn't need to subscribe to. Here's my take: Xara has reluctantly released the perpetual version. I'm not seeing any passion for it from their end. Obviously, they want everyone on subscription if they had their druthers. I took the dive and now have it installed on my desktop and laptop. It was a good investment from 19 imho and even though I'm not one into straining at gnats and comparing every little feature, it seems to be much more of an upgrade than being a couple of "versions" behind the subscription version. I will assume that as long as there's money to be made holding onto people like me, they will continue to release future versions. But, I'm not banking on it. It seems it will be a guessing game from here on out, but in this day and age what isn't?

Matt here, the operative. I heard that about a wild thread in TG, looks like I've found it.

Xara v20 (now sold and supported directly by Xara) was based on Plus 23.5.0 (Nov 2023) without features related to Modular Websites and Blocks that are exclusive to the Plus editions. There might be a few other minor items, fixes, etc that didn't make the release as well. Release note links below.

We will determine if a maintenance update for v20 is required at a future date.

Xara v20 and Xara Plus products are based on Xara installers, Xara software updater, and Xara accounts as highlighted in the link above. Magix versions will be Magix.

As always, you can reach us through the chat on www.xara.com or via email at www.xara.com/contact-us. Happy to discuss your situation.

Happy holidays.
    Matt

More information
    Designer Pro Release Notes and Product Page
    Web Designer Release Notes and Product Page
    Photo Designer Release Notes and Product Page

thanks for the update

et tu....Name:  santa-smilie.png
Views: 465
Size:  1.2 KB
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    One of the things that really bothers me is that Xara is charging a price that was comparable to the upgrade price in the past but the program is 2 versions old. There is no way I can justify paying for this when it is this far out of date.

It is one of the reason Affinity is a better option if you are not doing web sites.

Ray
    Hi Ray,

Xara v20 being 2 versions old is not accurate.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...373#post658373

Quote Originally Posted by Spamiky View Post
    Only the price is terribly high, I already bought XARA several times, 10, 11, 15, 18 I sent XARA enough money and now I have to buy again for 120 euro almost the same version (20) that I have (19) and that's without Online catalog and no updates. Now there is an error and if there are no updates, the error will probably remain there. It's a shame. I don't make a living from the web, I work for the non-profit sector, so XARA will no longer receive money from me.
    Xara v20 is not 'almost the same' as v19. See the release notes.

The 'error' on Magix v19 or older, I assume that you are referring to the Magix Update Service expiration notice. As mentioned, this is all Magix technology so it would be best to contact them to see if it can be turned off.

Did you know that Xara has non-profit and educational pricing options?
    As always, contact us through the chat at www.xara.com or email at www.xara.com/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Hi Ray, Xara v20 being 2 versions old is not accurate.
    @Matt, thank you for the Product page links, advising the current offer prices and new v20 products.

When the Thread was started we had scant information on a nascent v19 that seemingly came to nothing. The Thread has been reflecting people's perceptions at the time.
    The Product pages were published around 12 December and the Release Notes on 15 December though I think we discover the one Product Page around 05 December.
    The Product pages seemingly are not integrated into your website. If they are I apologise. If not, those who never touch TG and possibly a few that do will still have no idea of what's afoot.
    The Release Notes are more detailed that what the normally get with Plus upgrades so you have my appreciation.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat