Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: HELP. My thumbnails are gone!

Although I needed to adjust the path—which Barbara pointed out, containing a smirk—it worked a treat!

Thanks, oG, thanks TPTB @ Xara!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023-11-29_18h31_03.jpg 
Views:	2767 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	134283

This is definitely a good thing to put in your notebooks!

My Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    This is definitely a good thing to put in your notebooks!
    Thank you GaryP for finding the Xara answer.
    I've 'nuggeted' this Thread for others to reference.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

for information only, the thread I was reminded of is here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ail-in-windows

good to see xara have taken this on board
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hey, George—

Another nugget-worth link is http://www.ardfry.com/psd-codec/ which is what I resorted to after my Xara thumbnails went sideways. It didn't solve the problem but what it did do is make EVERY file icon turn into a thumbnail...well,. almost but 90%.

And I have no reason why to offer, but in Win 10, Xara native thumbnail have always shown for me in a folder window:

Name:	_2023-11-30_08h22_45.jpg 
Views:	2714 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	134284

My Best and extremely happy today,

Gary

Just another free for personal use addition to this topic is to use xnviewmp to view any image file (ghostscript needs to be installed also for psd, etc.)
    Or one could opt for eagle.cool(paid) to view and tag and sort and view image files and video,audio,documents and fonts which could be activated and deactivated too.
    The new,soon to be released version 4, will also support 3d formats see https://en.eagle.cool/blog/post/4.0-beta
    Oh you can also create a thumbnail per file yourself to be used for those obscure formats that you wish to be able to see like asset files in say affinity.

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    Just another free for personal use addition to this topic is to use xnviewmp to view any image file (ghostscript needs to be installed also for psd, etc.)
    Or one could opt for eagle.cool(paid) to view and tag and sort and view image files and video,audio,documents and fonts which could be activated and deactivated too.
    The new,soon to be released version 4, will also support 3d formats see https://en.eagle.cool/blog/post/4.0-beta
    Oh you can also create a thumbnail per file yourself to be used for those obscure formats that you wish to be able to see like asset files in say affinity.
    hakoo, thank you for this. Gare was asking for mini views or individual Thumbs of each of his XAR files, not an image file format, so does xnviewmp handle Xara Thumbs too?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes.

Name:	clipimage.jpg 
Views:	2508 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	134288

Have to come back on my eagle.cool approach as it doesn't show the xar thumbs but one has to create the (per file)thumbs themselves, sorry for any confusion.
    But still a good tool to have installed though.

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    Have to come back on my eagle.cool approach as it doesn't show the xar thumbs but one has to create the (per file)thumbs themselves, sorry for any confusion.
    But still a good tool to have installed though.
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Acorn

I find xNViewhttps://www.xnview.com/en/ and the context menu addition https://www.xnview.com/en/xnshell/ to be indispensable for work other that Xara Designer work. You can batch rename VERY easily, Batch process files to different formats, and a lot of useful stuff you many never had considered.

It's free, and the right-click shell extension can provide you with an almost instant large preview of a selected file. I oftenn use it to post someting on the fly as a JPEG on FaceBook when my desired file is a PNG.

One of the better free downloads for artists and designers, I'd say.

My Best,

Gary