Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Help with vector logo

I want to thank everyone for your help and suggestions. I really like your rendition Acorn, but I'm not sure if I want that much detail. Really does stand out though. I went on a font finder sight, and there are fonts that are very close to the original-what I've looked at so far have to be paid for. As you say then Marco's Idea would be good for the J, but the F I think needs a little more character. I did use Handrawn's suggestion to get the right side of the J into one shape, just because I understood it better.

Nancy

I think you did a good job, Nancy.

Just so ya know, the font is Poppl-Pontifex Medium Condensed.

Nancy, I think I found your free font: https://www.ffonts.net/OPTIPeach-EtD....font.download

Here is my construction using it: Jerry's Furniture (Fonted).xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Useful if you have the font. OP gave us the image from a business card scan.

Acorn
    I searched for the font and found one that was very similar to use in the way I showed. It only took a few minutes, and I did it to show another way to achieve the goal requested by Yellowbird.
    Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
    I want to thank everyone for your help and suggestions. I really like your rendition Acorn, but I'm not sure if I want that much detail. Really does stand out though. I went on a font finder sight, and there are fonts that are very close to the original-what I've looked at so far have to be paid for. As you say then Marco's Idea would be good for the J, but the F I think needs a little more character. I did use Handrawn's suggestion to get the right side of the J into one shape, just because I understood it better.

Nancy
    You are right about the F, but actually I was focusing my attention on a simple method to make the part with the J because I thought that was the part for which you had requested suggestions.
    Marco.

Nancy, I think I found your free font: https://www.ffonts.net/OPTIPeach-EtD....font.download

Here is my construction using it: Jerry's Furniture (Fonted).xar

Acorn
    For your reading pleasure...

http://luc.devroye.org/fonts-27506.html

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    For your reading pleasure... http://luc.devroye.org/fonts-27506.html
    Thank you. Are you offering advice that the Font is stolen, bogus or just badly designed?
    If any of these, is not the onus on the people offering them for free, not to perpetuate a wrong?

I would have preferred straight over cryptic or mysterious.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you. Are you offering advice that the Font is stolen, bogus or just badly designed?
    If any of these, is not the onus on the people offering them for free, not to perpetuate a wrong?

I would have preferred straight over cryptic or mysterious.

Acorn
    I would prefer people draw their own conclusions from that, and other, links concerning Castcraft/Opti fonts.

But no. The onus is on the end user. Ignorance and all that not being an excuse.

I can download cracked Xara software for free, without paying anyone. Tell me this. Who's at fault in the eyes of Xara, the law, my neighbor's cat: Me, the end user or the website offering stolen software?

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I would prefer people draw their own conclusions from that, and other, links concerning Castcraft/Opti fonts.
    But no. The onus is on the end user. Ignorance and all that not being an excuse.
    I can download cracked Xara software for free, without paying anyone. Tell me this. Who's at fault in the eyes of Xara, the law, my neighbor's cat: Me, the end user or the website offering stolen software?
    I do hope your neighbour is not Herr Erwin Schrödinger because someone keeps trying to poison his cat.
    In law, there has to be intent. So if you crack Xara's stuff, you deserve censure. A right-minded citizen might warn ahead around OPTI and font theft. Those who knowingly sell in breach of copyright, even free, are culpable of misrepresentation. Else one might now have to be wary of listening to any Internet music stations, lest they have failed to pay for the right; I doubt if the authorities come knocking doors of their listeners, shouting "Cover your ears!"

Best we take this up in the Off-Topic Chat forum.

Acorn

before you do can I just jump in and say [in uk at least] antyone earning money from cracked software is guilty of fraud; anyone offering it for free, breach of copyright unless it is allowed in the EULA; fonts probably too

as a user you are expected to take reasonable care to avoid such, and if it is discovered that you are, to immediately 'cease-and-desist'; if you knew all along you might be culpable, it would depend on circumstances...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...